INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guide: Smooth Video Playback  (Read 15022 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Guide: Smooth Video Playback
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2010, 12:58:59 am »

You first need to know what refresh rates you HW (Hardware - graphics card and monitor) supports.  Will it support 24, 50 and 60hz (you should be able to check this in the graphic cards configuration SW)?  If so then try enabling "events notification..." and rename "RunEvent.SetDisplayFrequency.sample.vbs" to "runevent.vbs" in the C:\Program Files\ReClock folder.  Upon playing a file, reclock will detect it's refresh rate, and pass this into to the VBS script that then changes the refresh rate of the Monitor.  If your HW does not support say 24hz you will need to edit the VBS script to change the monitor to either 50 or 60hz depending on your preference.
JRiver CEO Elect

maid

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2010, 02:00:11 am »

done this RunEvent.vbs now i have he sytem cnot find specified file
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2010, 02:43:10 am »

I'm guessing that the VBS script is complaining it can not find a program called "SetDisplayFrequency" (one of many programs that can change the refresh rate).  If you look at the sample VBS Scripts it call "SetDisplayFrequency.exe" in the AnyDVD directory (which I presume you don't have installed or it is in a path different from that in the script).  Anyway, Unizip the attachment and save it somewere convenient (eg the Reclock folder) then update the VBS script so it can find this file.  See how you go!
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2010, 03:02:07 am »

Remember, MC can also change the display settings.  For some video cards this can be better as MC will change it prior to launching the Video (as reclock only does it once it has started).
1) Play the Video - then Right Click --> Change Display Settings --> Pick the correct Resolution/Refresh rate for that clip (eg see pic) and it will then be used everytime you play that file as this info is stored in the Library.
2) In the Library if you add the "Playback Info" col you can then see what settings you have applied and can then copy this to other files of similar type.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up