INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 13 Burns MP3 Tracks in Wrong Order (RESOLVED)  (Read 4285 times)

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
MC 13 Burns MP3 Tracks in Wrong Order (RESOLVED)
« on: May 07, 2010, 07:16:21 pm »

I have several CDs that I burned using MC 13. When I play the CD via the computer's CD drive, the tracks are played in the correct order, that is, Song1.mp3 plays first, Song2.mp3 plays second, etc. Also, when I look at the playlist and at the CD itself, the songs and the files are in the correct order.

However, when I play the CDs on two different external players, the first track played is not the first track in the playlist. In one case, it is actually the 11th track.

What might be the problem and where should I begin looking?

Edit: Well, I tried a different burning application. Same results, only a different track order. Guess this is inherent when burning mp3 files to CDs.

RESOLUTION:

There are two ways to overcome this problem (which is NOT unique to Media Center):

1. Using the Library Rename function, place the Track No. at the beginning of the filename. You must do this for each group of mp3 files you wish to burn.

2a . If you'd rather not change filenames (really no reason not to because all the info is in the tag anyway), you can set the default if you wish. To do this, go to Tools > Options > File Location. The third option down is Filename Rule. Open that option and change it to [Track #] - [whatever you want]. This option does NOT change filenames.

2b. During the preburn dialog, click the Options word in the Burn box and select a filename that starts with [Track #].

This little explanation should be put in the FAQ because it seems quite a few folks have run into this "problem" before.
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3996
* Firefox 122; Thunderbird 115.6.1
Pages: [1]   Go Up