INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Crashing on restore from S3  (Read 1127 times)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC Crashing on restore from S3
« on: May 23, 2010, 03:32:54 am »

Hi Guys,

This problem has been going on for a while now but have been working around it...

My Remote is programmed so that if I press 'Watch TV' it will wake the PC from suspend, turn the TV on and after a prescribed amount of time send the command to MC to change to Television in Theater View.

Every time I do this, however, MC crashes.

I can press the 'Watch TV' command AFTER the PC is on, so have been working around it by using another command to wake PC (Listen to Digital Music) THEN pressing 'Watch TV' but this is obviously not ideal.

Have emailed log and filter info to YB.

Cheers,

J.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC Crashing on restore from S3
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 07:41:46 am »

My Remote is programmed so that if I press 'Watch TV' it will wake the PC from suspend, turn the TV on and after a prescribed amount of time send the command to MC to change to Television in Theater View.

Every time I do this, however, MC crashes.
It sounds like the driver isn't available.  Try waiting a lot longer.  If that works, try shortening the time.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 05:33:49 pm »

It's probably some device (tv card) not reinitializing properly after the S3.  Take a look at DEVCON. It's a free utility that you can use to restart device drivers. You could use it in a script before watching live tv or better, use task scheduler to run it when the system wakes up.   
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 10:24:07 pm »

It sounds like the driver isn't available.  Try waiting a lot longer.  If that works, try shortening the time.

That did it. Thanks for your help Jim - much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up