INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ12 - .m4a files display false kbps and duration  (Read 1523 times)

Blackjaw

• Recent member
MJ12 - .m4a files display false kbps and duration
« on: May 31, 2010, 03:22:57 pm »

I never used to have this problem until my computer crashed and I re-downloaded the program. All of my .m4a files say they are in 128 kbps and are 2-4 times the length they actually are. it displays correctly in the "Now Playing" bar thing at the top, but not in the main library navigation window. Is there anything I can do to fix this without having to re-install the program? It takes a while to set up my pretty as heck view scheme and import all the songs. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

See what I mean:

Blackjaw

• Recent member
Re: MJ12 - .m4a files display false kbps and duration
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 12:42:50 am »

anyone?

Smitnd

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 12:44:00 am »

You may have already figured this out, but when I did a search of this problem I couldn't find an answer and your post was the closet I came to an answer - and there wasn't one. So... to make it easier for the next guy to find the answer quicker, I'll post my fix here although I'm using a newer version.

I'm using MJ 14.0.166. I had this EXACT same issue after importing a bunch of m4a files. To fix, I selected the files and then did a right-click and in the drop-down menu selected Library Tools / Update Library (from tags) - Once the job completed all my m4a files were corrected. (phew) - I was afraid I'd have to convert them to Mp3 or something... That did the trick on my end.  ;)

Blackjaw

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 10:21:47 pm »

Thank you very much, good sir! Worked like a charm!
Pages: [1]   Go Up