INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 15 won't import some video files in my TV folder  (Read 1920 times)

debt_collector

• Recent member
MC 15 won't import some video files in my TV folder
« on: May 31, 2010, 04:56:42 pm »

I have a bunch of TV series episode in a TV folder on my HDD. I configured auto import to import files in this folder to my video library. I unticked the 'ignore file previously deleted from library' just to make sure it's not ignoring these files. But still it will not add the .mkv or xvid file which reside in the TV folder. MC15 is importing .mkv and .avi movies in another folder without problems. Anyone know why this is happening?

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 15 wond import some video files in my TV folder
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 01:02:54 am »

Have you tried to add them manually? by navigating to the folder on the HD through MC and click add to library.

Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

debt_collector

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 05:12:45 am »

Have you tried to add them manually? by navigating to the folder on the HD through MC and click add to library.
The problem is that I cant see the TV folder (where the files reside) in the MC tree!

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 02:00:29 pm »

Is the folder hidden?

debt_collector

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 03:31:21 pm »

Is the folder hidden?
This folder isnt hidden in Windows. Is that what you're asking? If not than I'm not sure )-: How do I hide or more importantly, unhide a folder in MC15?

rick.ca

Re: MC 15 won't import some video files in my TV folder
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 05:08:44 pm »

This folder isnt hidden in Windows. Is that what you're asking?

Yes. I can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't show up in MC. Perhaps you can provide more information. What is the pathname? What exactly do you see when you Browse from the Import a single folder dialog? If you don't "see" the folder, what do you see? It's parent? The drive? Anything?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 07:55:51 pm »

Just some thoughts;

Are the files being imported but as Data not Video? Enable logging and see what it says when import tries to import that folder.

Also if you enable Shell Integration under tools/Options/General, can you right-click on one of the files in Windows Explorer and import it that way?

Richard

debt_collector

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 02:28:38 am »

Yes. I can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't show up in MC. Perhaps you can provide more information. What is the pathname? What exactly do you see when you Browse from the Import a single folder dialog? If you don't "see" the folder, what do you see? It's parent? The drive? Anything?
I can see my Video HDD (on a NAS) drive under video -> files. I can also see the Films folder in that drive but not the TV folder

debt_collector

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 02:41:27 am »

Just some thoughts;

Are the files being imported but as Data not Video? Enable logging and see what it says when import tries to import that folder.

Also if you enable Shell Integration under tools/Options/General, can you right-click on one of the files in Windows Explorer and import it that way?

Richard
I enabled Shell Integration and imported the files manually. And hey presto, the files now apear in my video librabry. Thanks!
But using auto import doesn't do it..... I could find ou why iI could figure out how to enable logging. So how do I enable it. I searched wiki and couldn't find it

raldo

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 03:55:40 am »

How do I hide or more importantly, unhide a folder in MC15?
I think that what Rick.ca is talking about refers to your OS' "hidden" state. In explorer, right click the folder, select properties. There should be a tick box with "hidden" next to it.

You may still "see" a folder in winexplore even if it's set as "hidden". So what you're seeing may well depend on how MC filters "hidden" folders during auto import.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 06:58:21 am »

I enabled Shell Integration and imported the files manually. And hey presto, the files now apear in my video librabry. Thanks!
But using auto import doesn't do it..... I could find ou why iI could figure out how to enable logging. So how do I enable it. I searched wiki and couldn't find it

Logging is under Help/Logging.  Logging can gather a LOT of data so you may want to go through and select what to log.

I'd probably just start with "Import" to see what that shows you.

It is strange that MC isn't displaying the folder in the tree though, so maybe it is hidden at the OS level (as suggested) and the auto import can't see the folder.

Richard

debt_collector

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 07:38:27 am »

My tv folder is definately on set as a hidden folder in windows. I'll eneble logging as u suggested and see what it says. Thanks for your advice so far... To be continued (-:
Pages: [1]   Go Up