INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 16 bit to total bithead  (Read 1475 times)

wiggyfifes

16 bit to total bithead
« on: June 03, 2010, 01:33:27 am »

Hello,
I'm a complete newbie.  Both to j. river and to any sort of tweaking for audio sake.  My set up is my PC USB to a headroom total bithead dac/hp amp (AKG k271 mkII) which I generally enjoy immensely.  So, decided to try MC 15 because I don't like that you can't do ASIO on iTunes.  I have a new Music Streamer+ dac coming to route sound to my stereo (80's Vintage Adcom amp and PSB-25s).  So to get the most out of it, I've read enough to believe that I need to try ASIO, which then lead me to MC15.

The issue is that I can't get any sound when I have it set to ASIO.  (have ASIO4all installed).  I can't get it to give me the error message again but it once showed an error saying the hardware might not be capable of 32 bit.  I'm assuming (please correct me) that the hardware it's referring to is the total bithead.   So fine, I'll run 16 bit out of it.  How do I do that?  I can't find any settings except in the DSP & Output format settings, which I have set to 16 bit. 

What else am I missing?  I had it set that way (to 16 bit) before when it was giving me the 32 bit error.  Is there another place I need to change this? 

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: 16 bit to total bithead
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 06:39:11 am »

Welcome.

This might help:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DAC_Settings

I'm not familiar with the hardware, but check their site for instructions.

If you have Windows 7 try WASAPI.  Our wiki has info on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up