INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Navigation sans tree  (Read 969 times)

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Navigation sans tree
« on: June 04, 2010, 09:54:37 am »

I'm considering collapsing the tree out of view to give me more real estate, especially when tagging.
I use drag and drop tagging between two split views and it gets pretty wide to be able to read all the fields in both views.
So, who here is using MC without the tree?

I'm thinking of what I need to be able to do that I currently use the tree for...
1) switching between 4 views for different purposes, I do this everyday.  Without the tree, I could go to VIEW > LIBRARY VIEWS > xxxx and click on the desired view.  Are there any quicker ways?   Could we get toolbar buttons that reference a viewscheme?

2) The action window.  I don't tag here, but I use the sync handheld button here and the action window usually changes to let you know the handheld you just attached is now recognized and ready to sync.
Can this be done without the tree?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Navigation sans tree
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 11:18:47 am »

i use mc a lot without the tree. but i use coverview for that, which made collapsing the tree not neccesary for me anymore. and the tree is then always a mouse move away. wont say anything about the name coverview, but it works great for panes and any other views too. and i use it for tagging also a lot, because it does give me more space.

wont help for syncing, but ctrl 1 and ctrl 5 are easy shortcuts (and easier for me then trying to click the triangles).

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up