INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lookup Track Info from online database  (Read 1637 times)

debt_collector

• Recent member
Lookup Track Info from online database
« on: June 05, 2010, 06:18:10 am »

I highlight all tracks in an album, right click and select Library Tools -> Lookup Track Info from online database.  MC 15 was able to find info for two track names but not the rest. As far as I know, the tracks are appropriately names (in the file name) but there is no information in the file tag because the album was ripped as a wav files. Please let me know whether you can help me make this feature work or whether you need further information. Thanks

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Lookup Track Info from online database
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:00:14 am »

You could try using Right-Click > Library Tools > Fill Properties From Filename first. Using this you can extract any information available from the filename and apply it to the metadata fields.

If I understand what is happening, you have ripped wav files that have correct data in the filenames, but not in the [artist], [album], [name], etc database fields? I think that the online database lookup uses these fields for its search string, so having them properly filled out could help.
-JB

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lookup Track Info from online database
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 04:38:44 pm »

as far as i understand it, the look up track info tool works with some small print from the first part of the sound of the file. or something like that. try to submit that info and see how it will stall your playback because its busy analyzing.

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up