INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Fixed] Video detected as audio  (Read 1368 times)

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck
[Fixed] Video detected as audio
« on: June 09, 2010, 08:01:36 pm »

So I have this music video that show in my audio library for unknown reason. I guess the file info are a total mess, but MC shouldn't drop that file into audio library anyway.

Here is the file for testing purpose :

http://www.mediafire.com/?4am50gylh2u

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: [Bug] Video detected as audio
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 09:10:48 pm »

AVI is a container format.  It can have anything inside.

It may be a problem with DirectShow filters for whatever is inside.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 09:37:21 pm »

Imported as MediaType=Video for me.  If it plays OK, then I suggest you just change the Media Type to "Video" for this clip and all will be good.
JRiver CEO Elect

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 05:04:52 am »

Imported as MediaType=Video for me.  If it plays OK, then I suggest you just change the Media Type to "Video" for this clip and all will be good.

Following your test I removed the file from my library and re-imported and it actually re-imported as type Audio. Used version 15.0.56.

EDIT
I tought the File Type was read-only. Modify it to Video fix my problem, but it isn't clear why it was detected as audio.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 09:35:35 am »

If DirectShow fails to completely render the file during import, the file can be imported as audio (for example, DirectShow failed to render the video branch).  It is rare, especially in your case since you can play the video just fine.  However some times a filter would not load in a background process/thread.

Another possibility is that you may have inadvertently set avi file type to be played in audio engine.  Check Tools > Options > File Types
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 09:59:53 am »

File type association is correct, but in fact my library is kind of old, and it is possible that back then when first imported it was detected as audio and kept that way, and even if removed and re-imported maybe it is not reanalysed since it already have a previous entry in DB.

I also use that library since MC13 beta and there is a chance I maybe set the media type to audio by a wrong manipulation and was saved that way if it was not read-only. Any way, since the file was tested and not detected as an audio file I guess it is not an actual bug and will flag this post as fixed.

Thx
Pages: [1]   Go Up