INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCC Automation Request  (Read 1905 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MCC Automation Request
« on: June 17, 2010, 05:41:07 pm »

I know these have been requested, or at least hinted to in the past, but I'd like to make a formal request.

Can we please have the following addded to the /MCC commands and also added to the MC scheduler

1) A command to tell a library server client to SILENTLY sync with the server and load any changes from the server.  This comand should also leave the client in whatever view (Standard or Theater) it was in when it was run, so in other words it shouldn't impact whatever the client is doing at the time, unless of course the view in use has been removed/changed.

2) A command to tell MC to reload the EPG guide.

Thanks
Richard

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: MCC Automation Request
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 08:11:11 pm »

I'll add my formal vote for this too  :)

I'm particularly keen on number 2 as I'd like more control over when the guide refreshes. I still experience instances where it can be days before a reload occurs even though my server is always online and refreshing the EPG source file daily. Ultimately, I'd like an MCC command I can call to do this as a part of my other daily EPG download routines. 

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 03:30:02 am »

With the risk of sounding like a broken record; YES, please add a way of doing this more often/automatic. Especially the Library silent sync. It seems to be requested by all the power users on this forum. I think a lot more users would use the LS, if it was less work syncing the clients.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

raldo

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 03:44:02 am »

With the risk of sounding like a broken record;
+1

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 07:11:44 am »

OK - I'm in!
JRiver CEO Elect

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 02:28:27 pm »

Recent builds added an MCC for syncing a client with the server.  It's not silent, because it may need to reload the library which is a drastic action. (stops playback, shows home)

It's here:
MCC_SYNC_WITH_LIBRARY_SERVER (20032)
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands#File
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 04:17:42 pm »

Recent builds added an MCC for syncing a client with the server.  It's not silent, because it may need to reload the library which is a drastic action. (stops playback, shows home)

It's here:
MCC_SYNC_WITH_LIBRARY_SERVER (20032)
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands#File

Couldn't we have an optional parameter that can make it silent?   I want to reload all my client libraries each night and can't automate it if MC prompts every time.

And any comment on request #2?

Thanks
Richard

MrHaugen

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 02:25:20 am »

Is there no way to sync the libraries without reloading the whole thing? I would have thought that a normal sync process would only update changed tags.
I do understand the hesitance for making this totally automatic and silent, if you'll have to reload the library all the time. But this also makes me wonder if the syncing is done right in the first place?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 04:19:51 am »

So what is the difference between 20032 and 20026?
JRiver CEO Elect

raldo

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 08:18:30 am »

Recent builds added an MCC for syncing a client with the server.  It's not silent, because it may need to reload the library which is a drastic action. (stops playback, shows home)

Well, I presume that said mcc command must be triggered somehow by the user. I implemented the command using a theater view root item.

In other words, the command could be silent because it is triggered by the user. Likewise, if an administrator triggers a reload of the clients from the server she is probably in control of the network anyways...

I do agree with Mr. Haugen that the update seems drastic since the entire library must be reloaded. Ideally, discrete library operations on the server should be replicated on the client (and vice versa). But that implies, I should think, a more extensive software job.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 08:54:50 am »

So what is the difference between 20032 and 20026?

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

The 20026 that USED to do a LS/Client sync now does the other sync, the playlist sync from LS to local library or whatever it is.

R

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 03:38:26 pm »

Ha Ha - explains why my 20026 HTPC Library Sync "Button" stopped" working, replaced it with the new 20032 and it works fine for me.
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up