INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registration Key  (Read 654 times)

zak326

• Recent member
  • consultant
Registration Key
« on: June 24, 2002, 12:12:13 am »

I recently purchgasxed versio9n 8, and then had a computer crash. IU had the registration code and tried restoire page to download the code using the reg code you gave me. I right cliocked on the link as instructed and it did noot save but5 installed somewhere on my machine even thoi the program itself was not fully installed. the second time it did the same thing and on the third try it allowed me to save the file.  How many ises of restore did I use?

This is vbery confusing, but if I have eatgen up three of my resotres on my first attemt, then I must question the system etc.

IO totally understand why you have this method and why you have designed your support with no personal contact at all. But I must tell you that as good as your product is, sopmeone can come along and duplicate it or come close and havew a better communication method and b oom y7ou're close to history. Can you please give me a response on where i stand. Obviously I am not going to publish my code here buit will gladly give it to the appropriate party to hep figure this out.

Please understand that so far, I am very pleased with the product and its features, but I do a lot of research on how pproducts work regarding the internet and products and I average about three to five crashes a month, depending on our business load.  I do recommend products on a regular  basis and have rfecommended this to  about 3 cliebnts with a warning about the restore codes, mainly because I am not clear on them myself. HELP!

ChicoSelfs

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:Registration Key
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2002, 03:15:41 am »

i think that you can go at
HELP->BACKUP LICENSE and save your license where you want
Made in Portugal

gateley

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2002, 06:23:16 am »

You can check how many restores you used by going to the restore page, clicking on:

If you don't have it, we can
e-mail it to you if your address hasn't changed

and putting in your email address. The email you receive will tell you how many restores are left, and it does NOT use a restore to do this.

I don't understand why the restore process didn't work for you the first time - "the program itself was not fully installed" - does this mean that Media Jukebox was not installed correctly?

j

mdshullaw

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2002, 02:36:29 pm »

You mean a person only has so many restores he can use, then your out of luck? Please tell me I am just reading this wrong. I have never cared for these type of protection schemes, because it seems they do more to cripple and complicate, then to protect. If my computer was not connected to the internet, or I used up my restores, would I not be able to install MJ with a registration code that I PAID for? I think I am just confused about it. Somebody set me straight please!

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2002, 03:41:25 pm »

I reset a couple today.  Could have been you.  But read the FAQ.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up