INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: convert TV files to MKV  (Read 1011 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
convert TV files to MKV
« on: June 22, 2010, 11:54:37 pm »

Is this still working?

15.0.35 (4/29/2010)

1. NEW (Experimental!): Remuxing of television recording (digital television only, i.e. ATSC or DVB-T) jtv files to MKV.  Requires Haali Matraska Muxer filter which is part of Haali Media Splitter installation.  Select jtv files, and go to Tools > Advanced Tools > Convert Format...

I just tried selecting a file in the Television view, and when I select Convert Format...   it says "Please select the tracks you want to convert."

I'd like to archive some programs, and this would be nice to use (I tested it when it was first released and I remember it working then) to handle this.

A better option would be for TV to record to a more "standard" format, so I can set up automatic commercial skipping, but being able to convert/archive to mkv would do for now.

thanks.
pretend this is something funny

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: convert TV files to MKV
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 04:18:20 am »

Is this still working?

It is still work in slow progress.  Some have reported that the resulting files not usable.  You can try it and see how it works for you.

I just tried selecting a file in the Television view, and when I select Convert Format...   it says "Please select the tracks you want to convert."

You have to select the recordings in Videw view, not in Television.  When / if I get the file to remux correctly, I will add that to Television view.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up