INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connect to Library on Startup?  (Read 980 times)

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Connect to Library on Startup?
« on: June 30, 2010, 08:22:27 am »

Is there a way to make my MC client connect to a library server on startup?

Also, every time I connect to a library, the DLNA Renderer option needs to be checked; can this option also be saved?

Here's my setup, in case it helps. I have a touchscreen pc ('Kitchen') I connect as a client to my desktop pc ('Attic') which is running library server. I control Kitchen using WebRemote on my Android phone. Every time I load MC on Kitchen, I have to manually connect to the Attic library, then open the Media Network options and check DLNA Rendered before I can control it remotely via Android.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Connect to Library on Startup?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 08:29:00 am »

Is there a way to make my MC client connect to a library server on startup?

You can use Library Manager to add a link to the list of libraries.  If you then load from the list of libraries, the library will be reloaded each startup.

We would also like to add an option to the 'Connect to Library...' dialog to reload this library on program restart.  This is technically  tricky because DLNA servers aren't available on program startup, but instead fill in from a background thread.  Still, it's on the to-do list.

Also, every time I connect to a library, the DLNA Renderer option needs to be checked; can this option also be saved?

I believe this is just a bug.  It is fixed in the build coming in a day or two.  It may also be fixed in build 65, but I'm not sure.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HiFiTubes

Re: Connect to Library on Startup?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 01:54:10 pm »

my mistake - edited.
Pages: [1]   Go Up