INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Fix  (Read 1520 times)

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Cover Art Fix
« on: July 01, 2010, 10:22:50 am »

using "Quick Find in File / Cover Art directory" for Media Type "Data"...has never worked, could that be adjusted..

now i have to change mediatype to "video", rename the the coverart file to prefix "Video - " , do the lookup then revert back to media type "data"  :)

the function itself is superb so it would bea really neat if it worked for all mediatypes

thanks
MT5FR

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Cover Art Fix
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 11:11:02 am »

What type of data file has external cover art?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 11:29:52 am »

i set cover for all files, for example my pdf's and epub books..it's a long list  :)
MT5FR

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 11:44:20 am »

Any advice about what rule should we use for the cover art name for data files?  For example, audio uses [Artist] - [Album].
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 11:58:44 am »

Any advice about what rule should we use for the cover art name for data files?  For example, audio uses [Artist] - [Album].

matt it's working perfectly alright as it is today syntax is "Data - Name".jpg, so you can paste coverart etc..but not lookup..or like for videos when you have a matching coverart in the coverart folder, MC automaticly match and add coverart when the file is imported..

if i could choose, i do think that the prefix "data" is not actually necessary, that will go for video prefix as well..so name.jpg it's pretty much perfect.

when i'm talking about this i could inform you that pasting a coverart in a portable installation does not work either..it would be so nice if it was possible

thanks
MT5FR

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 12:32:27 pm »

matt it's working perfectly alright as it is today syntax is "Data - Name".jpg, so you can paste coverart etc..but not lookup..or like for videos when you have a matching coverart in the coverart folder, MC automaticly match and add coverart when the file is imported..

i'm not sure its working as described.  if i import something and give it the same album name for something that already exists with cover art, MC does not automatically assign art to those files.  sure, the album view shows the cover art, but the individual files that were imported do not have the album art attached to them.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 12:44:33 pm »

kewe, if the file you are talking about already exist in the database and then change album, MC will not grab the cover..it's only a "one timer" if it has a match in the cover art folder..when you import the file..but you can trigger it with lookup function..and i assume you talk about audio here
MT5FR

kewe65

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 12:58:45 pm »

yes, im talking about audio.  can we make this a feature request?  the lookup will not work solely based on the match of the album name - it relies on the files all being in the same folder too, which may not happen on auto-import.
Pages: [1]   Go Up