INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view  (Read 1080 times)

baba100

Theater view
« on: July 08, 2010, 09:26:46 pm »

Hi all,

As I ask before - under “Theater view” is not possible to use “group by” for playlist, I aware for the solutions suggest by you, but I want to have your attention for the different.

My HTPC has around 700 media files (music, and video). One of the strongest features in MC15 is smartlist!

To be honest, smartlist is one of the things made me move from NMT to MC15, you can imagine how you can control so long list of media files without smartlist…

for example:
with “Group by” feature I can group and sort all the movies I already watched 2 times or more by date, folder, etc… It’s also no need to create smartlist for subfolders.

I can’t think how to manage so long list of files without smartlist advantage.
Unfortunately under “Theater view” smartlist is not "strong" as we can’t use the main feature – group by.

Please consider to implement group by under “Theater view”.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater view
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 01:05:45 am »

Asked and answered here.

You're right, a playlist cannot be grouped in Theatre View. It's not possible given the current design. But a playlist is a playlist, not something to be used to define a view. A much more effective approach is to create a view based on the same expression as a smartlist—and then any categories may be added to provide the desired "grouping." Such views can also be nested, so it's very easy to create a variety of different ways to categorize and group a collection of any size.

To illustrate, I use expressions to create views of "movies not recently viewed," "movies viewed" (sorted by date and grouped by month and year), "videos recently added," etc. The possibilities are endless. I even have a set of views to display lists suitable for different types of viewers (i.e., men, women, children) based on several attributes. For example, for men...

Code: [Select]
(([Genre.]=[Action],[Crime],[Horror],[Sci-Fi],[Science Fiction],[Thriller],[War],[Drama] and -[Genre.]=[Comedy],[Family],[Fantasy],[Musical],[Romance],[Spirituality] and [Tones.]=[Angry],[Biting],[Creepy],[Cynical],[Disturbing],[Downbeat],[Earthy],[Eerie],[Explosive],[Forceful],[Futuristic],[Grim],[Gritty],[Gruesome],[Haunting],[Ironic],[Lurid],[Macabre],[Menacing],[Nocturnal],[Ominous],[Paranoid],[Racy],[Raunchy],[Rescue],[Rousing],[Rowdy],[Tense],[Upbeat],[Visceral],[Wry] and -[Tones.]=[Affectionate],[Campy],[Compassionate],[Endearing],[Fanciful],[Gentle],[Heartwarming],[Intimate],[Meditative],[Passionate],[Poignant],[Sensual],[Sentimental],[Sweet],[Talky],[Tearjerking],[Warm],[Whimsical]) or [Moods.]=[Blood and Gore],[God and Country],[Thrill Rides],[Tough Guys],[Mindbenders],[Nail-biters],[Other Dimensions],[Triumph of the Spirit])
This, of course, isn't very practical. But it illustrates the power of using expression views in Theatre View. And my female visitors are always impressed when I surrender the remote and say, "Go ahead, select Chick Flicks." ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up