INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skipping .25 leading seconds of each FLAC [solved by updating Realtek driver]  (Read 1442 times)

ajowers

• World Citizen

I have a working install that was using an external DAC.  Now I have switched to the onboard realtek audio device and have the SPDIF Coax running into my home theater Recvr.

In all respects everything works but I get a little bit of the beginning of each song missing.  I have read and studied the options to change to circumvent this but it is still hapenning no matter what.  I just wondered if maybe there is another option(s) I have not tried.

could you please suggest some things for me to try?  thanks for the help.

Could it be a problem with the realtek audio drivers under win 7 Home Premium ?  I just checked and I am on the latest HD Audio drivers for win 7 date 09/2009.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: MC15 - skipping .25 leading seconds of each FLAC
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 05:55:16 pm »

Could it be a problem with the realtek audio drivers under win 7 Home Premium ?  I just checked and I am on the latest HD Audio drivers for win 7 date 09/2009.

These are not the latest.  The latest are R2.50 from July 9, 2010.

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Their release notes (README file) are mostly long lists of file versions, supported chipsets, and "Driver Customizations", but since yours are nearly 1 year old, might try updating.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

ajowers

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 06:36:12 pm »

I was going by the ones listed on the Zotac website (main board manufacturer).  Thanks.

ajowers

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 07:52:24 pm »

I just loaded the latest realtek audio drivers and the problem went away.  thanks for pointing out that I should have checked realtek.
Pages: [1]   Go Up