INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPod shuffle latest not working with Mediacenter  (Read 5396 times)

boliver

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
IPod shuffle latest not working with Mediacenter
« on: July 10, 2010, 06:20:19 pm »

I just purchased an Ipod Shuffle, latest version.  I also am using the latest version of 15.

If I load songs onto the Shuffle from Mediacenter, everything seems to look OK.  Except that when I try to play any music on the ipod, I get a voice message through the headphones of  "Please add music using ITunes".

And each time that Mediacenter makes any communication with the IPOD, the next time i am in ITunes, Itunes says that I need to restore the IPOD since there is something wrong.

I updated from Version 12 to 15 because IPOD didn't work correctly with 12, was the Shuffle ever tested on 15?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: IPod shuffle latest not working with Mediacenter
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 06:22:54 pm »

Apple encrypts their databases on recent versions.  We're not spending much time on them until Apple changes (if ever).  Let Apple know what you want.

boliver

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 06:29:52 pm »

I can't use your product as the Shuffle cost more than your product.  I just upgraded yesterday, can I get a refund?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 06:39:54 pm »

I can't use your product as the Shuffle cost more than your product.  I just upgraded yesterday, can I get a refund?
We provide a 30 day trial, so we don't offer refunds.  Maybe you can return the shuffle.

boliver

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 06:51:46 pm »

On my machine, there was no trial offered - as soon as I downloaded it, it said my 30 days were up and i needed to pay.  This might be because I tried 14 last year and didn't buy?  I have dutifully bought every version except 14 that you have ever created.

Health Nut

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 01:51:16 pm »

He has a point.  I'm not a fan of apples behavior, but the problem is that the new NANO solved a major prolem for me in terms of being able to run with music easier.  As a purchaser and praiser of Media Center since version 10, my running and music is more important to me than Media Center.  So your comment about returning the shuffle is not appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 01:55:30 pm »

Please tell Apple what you want.  It isn't something we can change.

Health Nut

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 01:57:08 pm »

The politics of this whole situation are unclear.  Has it gotten to the point where there is no workaround anymore? 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 02:00:03 pm »

We're not going to spend time trying to find a workaround since Apple could stop it from working whenever they wanted to.

This is clearly an Apple problem.  Please direct your attention to them.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 03:57:26 am »

Jim,

Given that the core of this issue appears to be the fact that apple blocks other apps from "directly" syncing to their handhelds, are you guys considering the idea of syncing "through itunes"?  The idea discussed by Glynor and a few others in other threads was to use itunes scripting api as a "sync engine" for MC.  You'd do everything from MC, but MC would use the itunes engine "under the hood" for this particular task.

According the reading I've done, this is completely supported by apple (and has been for quite a while), so it would eliminate the concern for apple blocking the process.  You'd need itunes on the system, but since most people that use apple handhelds already have itunes on the system, it seems like this would only increase MC's popularity among the apple-owning market segment (which is a BIG segment.)

Is this a possibility?

Thanks for any feedback on this,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 07:50:24 pm »

We're not going to spend time trying to find a workaround since Apple could stop it from working whenever they wanted to.

This is clearly an Apple problem.  Please direct your attention to them.

Jim,

Could you possibly just tell us if the idea of using itunes as a "sync engine" MIGHT be something you guys will investigate as a potential solution (i.e. not just a workaround) to this?  A lot of us are just starving for ANY information from you about this beyond the statements above.

Thanks,

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up