INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any more photo improvements?  (Read 1335 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Any more photo improvements?
« on: July 12, 2010, 07:10:27 am »

Through many recent versions, the focus for MC has been home theater and high end equipment. Is there ever going to be a focus put back on other areas of MC like Images? I'm guessing JRiver probably can't say, but their direction is going to require me to make a decision as to my direction. Do I put time in a program that has gone as far as it will with image management, or do I find something else to manage my photos? I've waited a long time (too long) to make a decision on how best to organize my thousands of photos as I'm wanting to stay in MC but it's looking like I'm being forced in another direction. I decided I'm going to stay with the standards of IPTC/XMP but they're not fully supported yet. I'm certainly not the only one out there with this concern based on recent posts.
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Any more photo improvements?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 07:22:27 am »

Through many recent versions, the focus for MC has been home theater and high end equipment.
Our focus has been on extending and improving the Media Network aspects of MC.  This has included our first phone app (Gizmo), and a lot of work for video conversion.  These, in turn, required work on MC's internal architecture.  We've also added some audiophile features.
Is there ever going to be a focus put back on other areas of MC like Images?
Yes.
I'm guessing JRiver probably can't say, but their direction is going to require me to make a decision as to my direction. Do I put time in a program that has gone as far as it will with image management, or do I find something else to manage my photos?
That's a decision you'll need to make.
I've waited a long time (too long) to make a decision on how best to organize my thousands of photos as I'm wanting to stay in MC but it's looking like I'm being forced in another direction. I decided I'm going to stay with the standards of IPTC/XMP but they're not fully supported yet. I'm certainly not the only one out there with this concern based on recent posts.
Sorry if we're not meeting your needs, but I hope you'll understand that we may have a different set of priorities.

Here's the wik article on the current status of photo tagging.

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 12:50:32 pm »

Our focus has been on extending and improving the Media Network aspects of MC.  This has included our first phone app (Gizmo), and a lot of work for video conversion.  These, in turn, required work on MC's internal architecture.  We've also added some audiophile features.
And you've done a wonderful job. It's especially nice to be able to access my audio files long distance various ways.

Good to hear there's going to be more Image focus sometime in the future. I think I'm going to have to stumble along with another program updating IPTC/XMP fields and when MC fully supports them, I should be able to make the transition to MC easily.
Jeff

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 08:51:19 am »

Me too. I have tried to struggle along jumping between Bridge and MC, but I think it's about time I take the plunge and try something like Lightroom for my photo needs. DCRAW is just not good enough for decoding raw files, and can't even play them on my machines.

I may set up a kind of "gallery" style folder with my favorite photos exported to jpeg, and just let MC see and organize them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up