INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copying music to IPOD Nano  (Read 1865 times)

philcoll2008

• Recent member
Copying music to IPOD Nano
« on: September 17, 2010, 04:22:56 am »

I have an IPOD Nano which is recognised by my MC15.  I have transferred music from my MC Library to the Ipod and can see and play the music files when I view them in Windows Explorer. 
However, I cannot see or play the music on the Ipod.  I expect that the Ipod database needs to be rebuilt or updated but don't know how to do this.
Is it possible to actually manage the music files through MC (as the system suggests) or do I really have to use Itunes?
Any advice will be appreciated.
Phil

philcoll2008

• Recent member
Re: Copying music to IPOD Nano
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 06:11:19 am »

I guess that since my question was read but there have not been any replies can I assume that (a) I cannot use an IPOD Nano with MC15, or (b) it was just a silly question?
Thanks.............Phil

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 07:22:35 am »

Most ipods will work.  Newer ones may not.   iPhones, Touch, and iPad do not.

broherpete

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 03:03:14 am »

The database is locked down in the new Nano. You can still sync it though you need iTunes on your PC. Tell MC to ignore the iPod in Options->Handheld when it's plugged in. Then remove it. Create playlists for music you want to send to the iPod, then plug the ipod back in and do File->Export to iTunes and iPhone in MC. When the transfer box comes up, uncheck itunes and check your ipod.

Terrible.  I hate Apple for this !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up