INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicates imported  (Read 4337 times)

gt93grad

• World Citizen
Duplicates imported
« on: July 23, 2010, 04:23:46 pm »

For all of my albums/songs, I'm showing duplicates.  If I look at an album's listing in the Artist view, and scroll to the right to see the Filename column, each song has two filenames:  1.  j:\music\Third Eye Blind...   AND  2. (Install Drive):\music\Third Eye Blind.  What is this "Install Drive" reference?  I don't have the music files anywhere else.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Duplicates imported
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 02:04:32 am »

Did you use the 'portable install' option?

gt93grad

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 11:02:55 am »

No, I'm not familiar with that option.  I used Libary/Import Folder.

gt93grad

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 10:24:19 pm »

Any other thoughts anyone?

gt93grad

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 09:45:53 am »

What's the portable install option?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 05:58:10 pm »

You can create a portable installation to an external hard drive (for example). It is an available option when you run the program installer. You must already have a registered MC intance installed before you can use a portable install option.

Marko asked about it because the portable install creates file paths that look like (Install Drive):\music\...
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

gt93grad

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 09:45:45 pm »

You know what?  I believe I did use the portable install way back when.  I need it because I move the external drive around.  How to prevent the dupes though?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 02:40:32 am »

The idea of the special (Install Drive) path is to make the file path to be correct even if the drive letter changes. It is supposed to always point to the drive in which the portable MC is installed.

I have very little experience of the portable installation, but maybe it does not always detect the install drive and thus creates a standard folder path. How did you import the files that point to J:? What do you have set in the Auto-Import options?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

gt93grad

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 03:07:00 pm »

I always make sure the drive letter is called J no matter what computer I use.  There's a Windows system setting for that.  So I don't need the (install drive) option.  I import to the j:\music\new folder each time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up