INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.172 -- Available Here  (Read 14876 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 13.0.172 -- Available Here
« on: July 06, 2009, 12:16:03 pm »

Edit -- Please check www.jrmediacenter.com for our newest product. 
-----

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
https://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/old/MediaCenter130172.exe

13.0.172 (07/06/2009)

1. Fixed: Trying to play television channel without first running television configuration could sometimes cause MC to crash.
2. Fixed: OSD Position display flickered when rapidly seeking forward or backward in video playback.
3. Fixed: Inconsistent database filename was used when importing DVDs by "Import Playlist..." tool with My Movies data.
4. Changed: Updated the Chinese language file (thanks to Katapa).
5. Fixed: Playing recorded television show or starting to watch a television channel while MC was doing scheduled recording could have long silence (up to 100 seconds) and (to lesser extent) paused video, if MC was on second monitor when playback started.
6. Fixed: Moving MC from one monitor to another while playing a recorded television show would cause audio and video to pause for a long time.
7. Changed: ATSC television channel scanning will use existing channel in database with identical channel name, instead of creating a new entry (in case the physical channel is different). This change is necessary to avoid creating duplicates, and to preserve existing subscriptions.  Many television stations changed their broadcast carrier frequency (physical channel) at the analog broadcast switch-off last week.
8. Fixed: DVB-T channel "Is AC3 Audio" attribute was displayed incorrectly in "Details" section on "Edit Channel List" window.
9. Possibly fixed: Digital television failure on Windows 7.
10. Fixed: MC13 would crash on television playback if MC12 had been run.
11. Fixed: MC could hang when playing FLV video from YouTube in secondary monitor.
12. Fixed: The program could crash when using the 'Back' button after switching libraries.
13. Fixed: With the start menu on the right of the monitor and set to auto-hide, maximizing Media Center could interfere with the ability to show the bar.
14. Fixed: flac files with "fla" extension could not be played.
13. Fixed: Sweden DVB-T frequency table was not complete.

13.0.171 (05/27/2009)

1. Fixed: When doing a license restore for Media Center 13 with a Media Center 14 license, the registration information dialog would not show the correct information.
2. Fixed: With MC set to use Internal Volume, television volume was not properly set when starting or stopping time-shifting.
3. Fixed: After manually starting television time-shifting, OSD message "Waiting..." stayed on forever.
4. Fixed: Analog television sometimes could be displayed in a tiny window.
5. Fixed: For some analog television devices, the Crop Edges setting failed to take effect on initial start up of television playback.
6. Fixed: Switching monitor during television time-shifting would cause MC to lose its Internal Volume setting, creating loud sound in some instances.

13.0.170 (05/20/2009)

1. Fixed: MC crashed when failing to play an audio file in JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filters).
2. Fixed: Rare re-entrance problem related to television playback when exiting MC.
3. Fixed: OSD menu drawing problem when switching from a memu item of larger size to one of smaller size.
4. Fixed: When building thumbnails in a list of grouped thumbnails, sometimes a thumbnail wouldn't fill in until it was redrawn by mousing over.
5. Updated: German language files courtesy bytestar.
6. NEW: Will work with an MC v14 license.
7. Fixed: If multiple files were selected the EXPAND and COLLAPSE stack options would not always appear.
8. Fixed: Search for stack files was broken.

13.0.169 (05/12/2009)

1. Fixed: French DVB-T television tuning did not work.
2. Fixed: Changing television channel using OSD menu did not work unless Enter key was pressed within 2 seconds of displaying the channel info.  Now it should work as long as the channel info is in display (5 seconds).

13.0.168 (05/11/2009)

1. Changed: Increased the maximum memory size of loadable PNG images from 256 MB to 1 GB.
2. Fixed: Installer now displays JRiver when viewed in explorer.
3. NEW: OSD Menu handles Enter key.  It can be used to execute certain commands when OSD menu is in display.  Only implemented for televison channel switching and for showing DVD Menu.
4. Changed: Television "Programs" OSD menu will no longer automatically switch to last displayed program.
5. Changed: OSD menu stays on screen for longer time.
6. Fixed: When converting CUE files, the resulting filename could be incorrect.
7. Fixed: Converting using the external encoder could use a .dat extension instead of the extension specified in options.
8. Fixed: Some VST Plug-ins could crash or work incorrectly.
9. Fixed: The help links on pages like "Playlists" didn't jump to the correct location in the wiki.

13.0.167 (05/07/2009)

1. Fixed: ID3v2 tagging could discard the # tracks / # discs portion of the track # and disc # when tagging.
2. Fixed: When first installing a VST Plug-in, it was not possible to enable it for processing without restarting playback.
3. Fixed: VST Plug-ins that exposed more inputs and outputs than the current output format could crash.
4. Fixed: When pausing audio playback, if it performed buffering while paused, it could switch the playback state back to play.
5. Fixed: Setting the mute value to -1 (to mean true) from the automation SDK did not work nicely.
6. Fixed: Television channel scanning did not work for the last few builds.

13.0.166 (05/06/2009)

1. Fixed: With the ripping option to overwrite existing files enabled some encoders would not work. (only applies to last few builds)
2. Fixed: Using incomplete math syntax like "3 /" or "2+1+" could cause problems in expressions.
3. Changed: DSP Plug-ins are always loaded from the main user interface. (solves problems with plugins that create user interface at load instead of when requested by Media Center like DFX)
4. Optimized: Improved performance of JRiver edit / expression controls.

13.0.165 (05/05/2009)

1. Changed: Upgrades to HTML parser used for RSS feeds in Theater View. (Yahoo! News, The Onion, etc.)
2. Changed: Improved Theater View's support of The Onion in the News plug-in.
3. Changed: The burn complete dialog that prompts for Burn / Print Label / Quit is not shown if the burn completes while in Display View or Theater View.
4. Changed: When Theater View is showing, Standard View style wait messages will not appear.
5. Changed: Pressing the space bar on a JRiver style button, checkbox, etc. will be considered a click.
6. Fixed: Theater View's Weather configuration dialog did not support tabbed navigation.

13.0.164 (05/04/2009)

1. Fixed: Showing Theater View on systems without DirectX 9 (or later) installed could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: WMA encoding would not work properly on a fresh install (only applies to the last few builds).
3. Fixed: Encoding could crash in certain cases (only applies to the last few builds).
4. Changed: If television is configured to automatically refresh the programming guide, it will do so once a day OR if there are no programs available (retries every 30 minutes if there are no programs).
5. Changed: Shortened the portable install description in the installer so it fits better with larger fonts.
6. Changed: Switched the Austria country code used for mc2xml to AT.
7. NEW: Added CD burning in Theater View. (use "Burn" item in roller of any file view)
8. NEW: Added CD ripping in Theater View. (pick "DVD" with an audio CD in the drive and then select "Rip disc")
9. Fixed: Corrected a typo on the new Converter options page.
10. Changed: Reverted to also looking in the legacy Media Jukebox location for DSP Plug-ins to better support DFX, etc.
11. Fixed: When installing a new skin from a webpage, the change did not take effect until restarting the program.
12. Fixed: Album grouping / album expansion could cause problems when using Google Images from the Links bar to set the cover art for a video.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Soul_Rvr911

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 13.0.172 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 12:50:08 pm »

File conversion to Musepack is still broken. Also, would it be possible to get Musepack Stream Version 8 support? It was recently finalized and released.
Check out my JRiver remote application eos, available for Android and BlackBerry 10!
Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89392.0
BB10: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=79677.0

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 01:40:26 pm »

13.0.172 (06/06/2009)

Is that meant to say 07/06/2009, or has 172 really been hanging around in the beta zone for a month? ::)

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 02:59:00 am »

Hi !

Language

FRENCH :

In "Playlists", "Imported Playlists" is not translated (... rather the translation exists, but it don't work)

(this bug exists in MJ12 and MC13)

Please fix ..

Media Center 13.0.172 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 13\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 6002)
Intel Core 2 2403 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2097 MB, Free - 1153 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18783 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6001 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6002 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6002 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: HL-DT-STDVD-RAM GH15L     Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH15L      Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

vfryman

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 06:25:44 am »

Installed MC 13 Upgrade this morning now it will not load, get error - A JRiver media core compnent failed to Load the product info file: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center13\Data\Default Resources\Options.xml  Please reinstall the latest version of the program. 

Did that, didn't work. Uninstalled and re-installed, didn't work!

So Will I ever get an answer to this or is this your way to force me to buy MC14

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 09:26:16 am »

when using "Right-Click ->> Rename Files From Properties" and selecting "Copy and Update Database to point to New Location" occaisionally results in MC13 seeing (non-existant) Duplicates in the Database, which are not removed using Run Auto-Import even with 'Fix Broken Links" and "Update for External Changes" selected.

To correct this I must delete both "copies" from MC's database and reimport.

. . . the game is rigged

farmore

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 08:52:35 am »

Installing this file keeps telling me "The file is corrupt".

Please provide a proper file.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 03:38:18 pm »

MC13 is indicating erroneous duplicate files within the library.

After manually running Auto-Import and checking a Smartlist to detect dupes with same [Artist], [Album], [Track Number], [Name], MC reports several albums of duplicate.

Upon using "Locate Files on Disc (external)" on both 'dupe' files, I am led to the same windows folder for both tracks, yet no duplicate files exist there.

Deleting all files in question from the library and again manually initiating Auto-Import, the problem appears rectified.

Unfortunately after several days and several manually initiated Auto-Imports, MC is once again listing these same albums as duplicates (erroneously).
. . . the game is rigged

strebormj

• Recent member
Bugs with this build: failure to retain settings, can't play MP4 video files
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 05:03:44 pm »

I've been using this build for a while, although I may not have played a movie in MP4 format recently.  I also made the mistake a while back of accidentally installing MC 14 by not reading the "new version available" dialog closely enough, and assuming it was a new build of MC 13.  I finally uninstalled MC 14 today, then restarted my computer.

Now, when I try to play an MP4 video file, I get an error message saying "The media type of the selected files is not supported (<none>)." 

If I go into Options | File types, I see that the settings have been lost for MP4 files.  If I select the association checkbox, verify the playback/rendering settings, then close the dialog, and reopen the dialog, the setting is retained.  If I use File | Open media file to try to play an MP4 file, I still get the "media type of the selected files is not supported" error. 

If I close MC, then reopen it, then go to Options | File types, I see that the settings have been lost.

syserror

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 07:18:28 am »

Issue analyzing audiobooks-

I've used Media Center for about 5 years, and a registered purchaser of MC13.  I'd been using it primarily for music, and some audiobooks.

Yesterday I encountered a largely reproducible issue.  I wanted to be able to normalize listening volume, so analyzed some audiobooks.  MC crashed within several tracks.  I could reproduce this deterministically on the same tracks, with the crash occurring at the some point on the same track.

I then tried 'analyze' on other audiobooks.  The crash may occur on the 1st track, 3rd, etc. for a given audiobook, though it is deterministic for a given set of tracks.

I was originally using 13.0.152, so upgraded to the latest 13.0.172.  The crash issue appears to behave identically.

The tracks involved are all .MP3, mono, and ABR or CBR 48 or 64 kbps.  These encodings are significantly lower bit rate than typical music that I've used analyze on before, though I know no reason and see none in docs indicating it should not work.

Please let me know if this is a known or new issue.  I'm hoping there's already some kind of setting change or other workaround for this.  Let me know if you need further info, to attempt to save MS 'appcrash' info, etc.

Aaron

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 07:40:17 am »

You could try the trial version of MC15 to see if it works.

syserror

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 02:32:07 pm »

I did try the MC15 (15.0.45) eval, and it did not crash on the several audiobook albums I tried.

Do you have any info as to whether there was a known issue (such as with analyzing low bit rate, mono, or ABR) and when/how it was fixed?

I love Media Center, but use it only for basic audio organization and player synchronization.  MC14 or MC15 new features haven't been ones I needed so I've not upgraded, and I would not like the idea of requiring a paid upgrade just to get a bug fix.  Is there a way to get the fix into MC13?  If not, is there something clever we can do such as sticking with MC13 but being able to use 15 just to periodically use 'analyze'?  Some other idea?

Let me know the state of this bug and what we can do given MC13.  Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 03:14:02 pm »

MC13 and MC14 development are closed.  No changes will be made.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 04:47:15 pm »

I did try the MC15 (15.0.45) eval, and it did not crash on the several audiobook albums I tried.

Do you have any info as to whether there was a known issue (such as with analyzing low bit rate, mono, or ABR) and when/how it was fixed?

I love Media Center, but use it only for basic audio organization and player synchronization.  MC14 or MC15 new features haven't been ones I needed so I've not upgraded, and I would not like the idea of requiring a paid upgrade just to get a bug fix.  Is there a way to get the fix into MC13?  If not, is there something clever we can do such as sticking with MC13 but being able to use 15 just to periodically use 'analyze'?  Some other idea?

Let me know the state of this bug and what we can do given MC13.  Thanks!

Yes there was a bug on this subject. Can't recall when it was fixed exactly, sometime in the MC14 cycle I think.
Affected mono files only as far as I recall, and as a side effect the replay gain/ BPM were off somehow :)

-Leezer-

syserror

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 08:37:57 pm »

Thanks leezer3!  Based on your info, I found version history info:

14.0.41 (07/27/2009)

1. Fixed: Mono files could crash or give bad results in the audio analyzer. (it's recommended that you reanalyze files that match the search [Channels]=[1])

So presumably the crash was an issue with mono files in particular, and fixed in MC14.

JimH-

I understand you need to move forward in versions and may not be able to maintain multiple major versions of code and fixes in them.  However, I do not like the idea of requiring a $27 paid upgrade to get a bug fix.  Is there some alternative?  Based on the info above, upgrading from my current 'obsolete' version to the 'obsolete' MC14 should be sufficient and seems a reasonable approach.  How could we do this?  Thanks.

Aaron

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 09:13:40 pm »

I'm sorry, but MC15 is your only choice.

Time marches on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up