INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Find/Replace Path: Annoying Pop-Up to move file?  (Read 867 times)

Robo983

• World Citizen
Find/Replace Path: Annoying Pop-Up to move file?
« on: August 01, 2010, 10:23:14 pm »

I am on Windows 7/MC15 Rel 80 trying to use find and replace in the file path from \\PC1\ to \\PC2\.  When I do this I am getting a pop up for each file in the DB asking me to move, don't move, or move but keep both of the files.

I have everything unchecked and only the find and replace checked. I have a duplicate copy of the files on both locations and only want to update the location in MC. PC2 was my backup and PC1 was my primary but it is on a NAS that is extremely slow so I want to repoint MC to my backup on my local drive. The file paths are identical except the pc name.

I do not remember this working this way in Win XP so it is either a Win 7 thing or an MC15 thing.

Anyone else seeing this and have a solution to just update the DB to point to the new location without being prompted to move each file?

It is acting like MC is doing a verification that the file does exist and when it finds an identical one it still wants to move it. The date and time stamps appear to me to be identitical. Is there a way to tell MC to ignore time and just use date?

It is most annoying and almost impossible to abort once started. That is probably a question for another thread on how to abort if some crazy thing takes over MC and you want to stop renaming/moving 17K files that require user input on every file.

Robo983

• World Citizen
Solved: Find/Replace Path: Annoying Pop-Up to move file?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 11:36:15 pm »

Solved! Well Sort of..

I did find how to do it using the Rename, Move, Copy and then setting it update only. I tried going direct to the Find and Replace and then the Rename submenu but overlooked the pull down selections at the top.

It does not work the same for the Library Tools Find and Replace not using the Rename, Move, Copy sub menu.
Pages: [1]   Go Up