INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Force resort  (Read 704 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Force resort
« on: August 02, 2010, 05:32:04 pm »

I have a playlist that is sorted via a calculated field based on the number of plays, last played date, star rating, etc. I've found that often when I selet this playlist it is not sorted correctly. Currently the only way I've found to resort it is to reverse sort on this calculated field and then sort it correctly again. Even more interesting, I've found that regardless of if I resort it like this, if I add it to the Playing Now list then it inside Playing Now the order is the initial, incorrectly sorted order. To correct this I then need to do the reverse/correct sorting operation in Playing Now.

So, here are the problems I'm seeing:
  • 1. The playlist is not automatically sorted correctly in the first place, and there is no easy way to tell it to resort (the Refresh button doesn't seem to have any effect).
  • 2. Is the playlist, if I resort it correctly, that new order is not preserved when I add the playlist to Playing Now.
  • 3. Not mentioned above, but this sorting is annoyingly slow. For my 7000 track playlist it takes about 8 seconds to sort.

FYI, here's the calculated field:

Math(((100 + If(IsEqual(Field(Last Played, 0),), 100, Math(Now() - Field(Last Played,0)))) / 100 / (10 + If(IsEqual([Number Plays],),0,[Number Plays])) * (If(IsEqual(Field(Rating, 0), ), 6, Field(Rating, 0)) * 15) +(If(IsEqual(Field(Last Played,0),), Right(Field(Date Imported,0), 3), Right(Field(Last Played,0), 3)) / 1000)) * 100000)&DataType=[Number]

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up