INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing photos with duplicate filenames  (Read 1146 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Syncing photos with duplicate filenames
« on: August 08, 2010, 06:24:38 pm »

I'm trying to sync a bunch of photos to a path-based handheld device. The problem I'm having is that some of the photos have the same filename, although they're in different folders in my library, of course.

It's not clear how MC handles this currently, since I have the "Image Path" set to just "Images\". I tried to modify the path to "Images\[Album]\", but that created a different problem. When it synced it correctly put the files in "Images\[Album]\", but the filename became an escaped version of the entiry original filename, like, "H^3A^5CMedia^5CPictures^5CHome^5C2002^5C2002-05^5CDCP_0925-31.jpg".

How can I set the Image Path so that the photos are placed in "Images\[Album]\" with just the normal filename?

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Syncing photos with duplicate filenames
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 06:48:18 pm »

Actually, I seem to be having problems more than just the above. I tried using the "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list" option, but it isn't working. After MC syncs the files in the selected playlists it just leaves the existing/extra files saying, "On Device".

I temporarily fixed this by deleting them from Windows, but it'd be nice if MC would keep them in sync.

Any ideas?

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 07:32:29 pm »

Still playing around with this...

Sometimes I find that the photos are put into "Images\Temp\HHUpload", although I have no idea why this is happening.  :(

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 07:51:53 pm »

So, it turns out the first issue with the escaped filenames was because I was trying to do the sync off on a Library Server. When I did the same operation on the source machine I didn't have this issue.

Unfortunately, even when using "[Album]" in my path MC still seems to say that a number of images are duplicates and is therefore not syncing them. This seems like a real bug to me.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 11:17:14 pm »

I'm still struggling with this Duplicate issue. When I try to sync my photos to a folder some number of them are shown with the Status as Duplicate. I thought it might be because they had the exact same filename as another photo so I changed my filename scheme to include the Album name. In my case the Album name also contains the date the photo was taken, so now I'm guaranteed that all photos have a unique filename.

Unfortunately, even after doing this, I still have some showing up as Duplicate.

What logic does MC use to determine duplicates when syncing?
Pages: [1]   Go Up