INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Playlists W/O Creating Duplicates in Library  (Read 727 times)

dsuttle

• Recent member
Importing Playlists W/O Creating Duplicates in Library
« on: August 09, 2010, 05:51:16 pm »

It seems as though the my imported playlists are causing duplicates in my library. I know this is the case because the file names of the duplicates contain playlist while the others dont. Is there a way to remove these files? A way to search file name contents and remove? I work for an A/V company and i see lots and lots of disorganized digital media libraries. i.e. inaccurate tagging, scattered file formats, duplicates, untitled tracks, inconsistent sound quality, etc... JR and JR customers could definitely benefit from advanced library organizing tools.

dsuttle

• Recent member
Re: Importing Playlists W/O Creating Duplicates in Library
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 05:57:18 pm »

The files in my JR library were used on an ARQ server. I extracted them to a hard drive using Samba and then put them on my new MAC mini w/ JRiverMC15. The process with which the files were moved is probably the culprit for my duplicates. Wondering if JRMC15 can help? I may wipe the JR library and try importing the files in a different way. Any suggestions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up