INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could we please get a solution for using thv with multiple library's?  (Read 1138 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe

i just killed a few views again.

:)
gab

rick.ca

Ouch! I feel fortunate I don't use multiple libraries or machines. I would find losing views completely unacceptable. Some are easy to replace, but many represent hours of work. I'm assuming the library backup is effective in my situation (now that it saves registry information as well), but this makes me nervous. I wonder if it would help if there were a mechanism for saving views (i.e., the entire "Items to show" configuration)...

If this were an effective way to provide backup, it might also be implemented in a way that would facilitate maintaining alternate configurations for a variety of purposes. I'm imagine current and alternate configurations that are "open" at the same time, so elements of one could be drag & dropped or cut & pasted from one to the other. And both could be saved to or restored from assigned view names. Considering the complexity of my configuration, I would find it very useful, for example, to be able to maintain "experimental" and "stable" versions of the configuration. Others might like to have different "geek" and "wife" configurations. 8)

gappie

i made a backup from the part of the registry it defined in so.. ;)
i made a big mistake in thinking that i could use two library's running mc 15. i just went back to run one in mc 14. how easy things can be setup then. its just that i start to miss some of 15's functionality.

gab

lepa

• MC Beta Team

Haven't really used multiple libraries but would running portable MC15 install for a second library help?

gappie

Haven't really used multiple libraries but would running portable MC15 install for a second library help?
thanks for the tip  :)
i have actually tried that a long time ago and then it gave to much conflicts, with vizualisation for instance, but i guess alot has changed since then.. so i could try.

gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up