INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not importing some M4A files  (Read 1959 times)

Kellic

Not importing some M4A files
« on: August 29, 2010, 02:29:13 am »

Hi folks.  I have a problem.  It seems to be a problem shared with Songbird as well since I'm trying to find a media player that works similar to iTunes but without the bloat. (That and am trying to get away from all things Apple.)  The problem is that out of 5,700 and change music files Media Jukebox is only seeing 3,592.  when I look closer at what is going on I'm finding that all the files not being imported are all MP4 files.  However not all the MP4 files are being ignored.  I have plenty that are imported and play fine in MP.  The interesting thing is the files themselves play perfectly fine when I go FILE -> OPEN MEDIA FILE.  It plays like any other file.  But again its not being imported.  I've tried several things.

1.  Reinstalled the app.
2.  Installed quicktime. (Just in case there was some dependency.)
3.  Installed iTunes. (Just in case there was some dependency.)
4.  Moved a folder with one set of files not being seen out and then back into the music dir that is being monitored for change and then TOOLS -> IMPORT - AUTOIMPORT
5.  Reset the permissions on the folder and tried to rescan for the files.

Nothing seems to work.  Again I'm having the same problem with Songbird.  The only other player that I have tried was Windows Media Player that does pick up everything.....and no I don't want to use WMP.

Any thoughts?  Thanks for any idea you guys might have.

PS - OS:  Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

EDIT:  I previously typed M4P as the file type.  Sorry its M4A.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Not importing some M4A files
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 07:37:05 am »

Welcome to the forum. 

Installing DCBass may help.  There is another possible filter whose name I've forgotten.

Please read these articles on our wiki.

M4P and M4A
DirectShow

jb26

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 08:42:20 pm »

Hi, I'm having the same problem, have added DCBass, CCCP and read the other articles.

I have found that if I re-rip the .m4a files (in itunes) then JRMC16 will find the new file (auto-import updates the library).  However I'm hoping there's a solution that doesn't involve re-ripping 1800 tracks.

Any ideas?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 08:50:33 pm »

Media Center 16 has native support for m4a files (assuming they aren't protected).  There's no need for DCBass, etc.

Maybe you could post on the 16 board with more details?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up