INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YouTube in Theater View - still some problems  (Read 1565 times)

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
YouTube in Theater View - still some problems
« on: September 02, 2010, 01:42:35 pm »

From a usability perspective, this is 10x better than what it used to be. I'd still make Search the first option on the 2nd roller and allow access to YouTube accounts but hey.... I can wait a little longer for that :-)

The main problem with this feature for me still is the playback performance. Now, I don't have the fastest Internet connection in the world but I can still play higher quality content with some buffering in a browser no probs. In tview however, playback stalls constantly with no visual feedback as to what's going on. For all intents and purposes it looks like MC has hung and in some cases, it will, requiring me to kill MC via taskmgr.

I've also been able to make MC hang on several occasions by pausing and/or jumping backwards and forwards in the video via the on screen display (left & right arrows). 

I love being able to watch YouTube from the couch on the big screen and we're getting so close now..... A little more visual feedback and some tweeks to the buffering strategy and I think we have a winner!     
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

gappie

Re: YouTube in Theater View - still some problems
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 04:47:15 pm »

yes.. i have been seeing the same since youtube Theater View. i just tried one again, and it plays for two seconds and hangs for a while, about 30 seconds. inside mc standard view or browser the same file plays fine.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 03:35:29 pm »

Bump 
Z-Wave Home Automation

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 02:35:06 am »

In Theater View however, playback stalls constantly with no visual feedback as to what's going on. For all intents and purposes it looks like MC has hung and in some cases, it will, requiring me to kill MC via taskmgr.

I've also been able to make MC hang on several occasions by pausing and/or jumping backwards and forwards in the video via the on screen display (left & right arrows).

Same here. When I think of it, I've just stopped using it. It destroys the otherwise perfect impression my guest is having when they first try out MC :) the part with the crashing is the worst imo. Total hangs that means you having to close it your self, even more so.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 04:36:17 pm »

That's the thing... This is such a great feature but due to the issues, it's turning people away from it. I can't access netflix or any of the other U.S. based online services so a working YouTube experience is all I'm after.

I just don't understand why this doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Cheers.   
Z-Wave Home Automation

raldo

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 11:31:32 am »

[..]it's turning people away from it. I can't access netflix or any of the other U.S. based online services so a working YouTube experience is all I'm after.

+1

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 08:57:50 pm »

Yaobing, recent changes have helped a little but lots of buffering is still occuring.

Also, jumping forward and back still causes MC to hang.

I assume you're seeing all these issues too but if you need a specific trace or more info, just yell out ok.

Thanks for taking a look at this.
Z-Wave Home Automation

raldo

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 02:21:00 am »

When I tried YouTube waaay back, the image was stretched vertically. I never figured how to fix this. Does anyone know how?

I've tried MC's youtube on 5 or 6 computers and on xp/Win7 and the image is always stretched. I.e. this never seems to work out of the box. I'd think that'd be a major put off for new users.

btw, I really like the new search infopage. A search history would also be appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up