INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to sync music to my Droid Wirelessly?  (Read 2401 times)

thurston

• World Citizen
Is it possible to sync music to my Droid Wirelessly?
« on: September 09, 2010, 11:15:05 am »

Perhaps through Wifi?  :)

ruze

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Is it possible to sync music to my Droid Wirelessly?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 06:06:42 pm »

I am working on this exact problem with my Epic 4G now.  I found a way which works, but is slow and could be unreliable (though it has worked for me today with a 2GB sync).

I tried looking for a Samba server app for the phone, but no love.  I read it was (theoretically) possible to assign a drive letter to a WebDAV or FTP share.

I was able to get a WebDAV share working and mapped to a drive letter.  The app I am using on the Android device is DavDrive Lite.  Possibly another WebDAV server app might work.  The key thing is that Windows 7 doesn't support Basic authentication well, so I set it with no authentication in order to be able to map the drive letter to a WebDAV share.

I am trying to get it working using an FTP server but so far cannot get Windows to map a drive letter to the FTP share.  Creating a "Network Location" works fine but MC will not recognize it and only allows mapping to an actual drive letter.  (Could this possibly be a feature request?)

Anyway, hope other people find another way for this to work which is speedier or more robust (FTP?)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 06:08:39 pm »

Let us know if anyone figures out how to do this.  Having the SD card show as a drive in Windows would be best.

And this isn't quite the same, but you can also use Gizmo to stream your home library to your phone.  It removes the need to sync, but does require data coverage.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ruze

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 06:16:26 pm »

The SD card does show as a drive (albeit a network drive).  I've been looking for any app or driver that might emulate a USB Mass Storage Device over network, but that doesn't seem to exist.  This seems to be closest thing.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 03:04:19 am »

I found this, apparently free software (not tested for myself yet) that looks promising...

Android Manager WiFi Syncs And Transfer Files Wirelessly To Windows…

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 03:50:39 pm »

Not that helpful, I realise, but DoubleTwist and Winamp now both support wireless synching to Android devices.

I've also spent some time trying to come up with a way of doing this, but gave up for the time being, to be honest. Partly that's because I've now got a Galaxy Tab and am using DRMed content with it, which requires MTP... Mapping a drive wirelessly is probably doable, but I can't see me ever finding a solution to doing MTP wirelessly :-/
Pages: [1]   Go Up