INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple sync issues with Library Server  (Read 1633 times)

alancommike

• Recent member
Multiple sync issues with Library Server
« on: September 26, 2010, 05:14:25 pm »

I have sync setup to my Sansa Clip for a particular playlist. I'm using a Library Sever running on my server with the Clip connected to my laptop as a MC client. Tracks are a mix of mp3 and FLAC.

1) The 'Device -> Options -> Supported Types' doesn't stay set. If I remove FLAC, it comes back. Some of my files are FLAC, so every time I sync, I need to go back and remove FLAC from the list.

2) If I unplug the device and plug it back, all the FLAC files are changed to 'In Queue' from 'On Device' and they're re-downloaded to the device.

3) The playlist isn't fully updated. All of the media files are there, but the playlist is missing a bunch of the tracks and the order of the playlist doesn't match the order in MC.

I did a few searches and did see these issues.

Thanks,

...alan

alancommike

• Recent member
Re: Multiple sync issues with Library Server
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 11:39:25 am »

4) it doesn't actually delete the tracks even though they don't show in MC

So, device sync doesn't work with the fruity company's devices, doesn't work with Sandisk devices, does it actually work at all with any device?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 12:47:28 pm »

Could you test syncing on the server to remove a layer of complexity?  In past testing, Sandisk players behaved quite well.

(p.s. we're working on improving support for syncing from a Library Server client)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

alancommike

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 03:27:24 pm »

Yes, will check on the server. Wanted to know if the Sandisk DAP is just known broken, sounds like it's not supposed to be.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 11:30:12 am »

I'm having this same problem. A ton of issues trying to sync to my Clip+ on a library server client.

The main problem it seems is that songs are shown twice as duplicates on the device even though there is only one copy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up