INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files appear twice due to server  (Read 808 times)

cubanresourceful

• Recent member
Files appear twice due to server
« on: September 26, 2010, 07:36:58 pm »

Okay, so I am having a random issue with Media Center. Basically, for some songs, and it seems random, it will show two copies of said song.

For example,
H:\30 Seconds to Mars\30 Seconds to Mars\02 Edge of the Earth.mp3
\\server\\Music\30 Seconds to Mars\30 Seconds to Mars\02 Edge of the Earth.mp3

I don't know if Media Center is getting confused due to paths, UNC, etc., but how do I fix/correct this? Again, it happens to random files, not all of them. In the 30 Seconds to Mars album, that song is the only one repeated.

Thank you,
Mario

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Files appear twice due to server
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 08:39:06 pm »

It's tricky when the same file can have two filenames.

Make sure you only import files one way.

Is it possible it happens when you double-click a file in Explorer, and it comes in to Media Center with a different filename?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cubanresourceful

• Recent member
Re: Files appear twice due to server
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 08:56:42 pm »

They are both one and the same file, it's just one is a UNC pointer, whereas the other is a direct path. Since all my music is on my //server path, it makes sense that such a location exists, but not both. I would assume it would go through the Windows way, which would be my networked drive H:. None of these files where played, then added, they were all just directly imported when Media Center was first installed. I have just been too lazy to report it. :D

What I am wondering is, if I remove the //server files, would the other file be removed as well? I guess it's something I'll test then report back. It's most probably a bug/way-things-work in Windows as opposed to something Media Center is doing incorrectly. Maybe if Media Center worked with Windows Libraries (Windows 7 feature) it may make things smoother?
Pages: [1]   Go Up