INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need an external mp3 encoder  (Read 4463 times)

jjminch

• Recent member
Need an external mp3 encoder
« on: October 07, 2010, 02:28:34 pm »

I have MJ14 on my laptop.  I did not realize I needed to purchase an MP3 encoder.  My laptop has no internet access, I have to use an Internet Cafe.  Looking for an external mp3 encoder, prefer free to convert flac to mp3 for my ipod. 

I already tried selecting "windows media" player as an option for the encoder under the "handheld" options.  Unfortunately this led to it duplicating 3k songs in my library and not successfully converting them to my ipod. 

Don't want to purchase the MJ mp3 encoder as: this software has crashed almost daily despite a re-install when I was on leave, and should it do decide to work without crashing, I will get MC15.  I just want to download something quick thats compatible to my thumbdrive.

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Resistance is /dev/null
Re: Need an external mp3 encoder
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 02:03:29 pm »

==
roognation
human electrode

jjminch

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 01:24:34 pm »

Btw this option did not work.

Installed fine, and was able to select it as an option under the portables section.  While synching my ipod, it even had the little DOS window pop up.  However they will not play on my Ipod classic.

Any other suggestions for an external MP3 encoder? 

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 01:28:14 pm »

thats the official lame encoder, so you are setting it up wrong or transfering wrong the files to the ipod?
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

jjminch

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 10:24:34 pm »

I can try and reinstall it again I suppose.  Not sure what I could have done wrong, and if it is the official LAME encoder, then I wonder why the MC14 worked fine and this does not?

Have regular FLAC files that need converting.  I selected "convert" all unsupported formats on the Ipod sync screen.  I kept the default settings for the player, but made sure external MP3 encoder was selected.  During synching, the DOS window pops up, shows the progress for each file. 

When finished, the songs appear on the Ipod, correct title, covert art and everything.  Just when you hit play, nothing happens for any of the songs, it just won't play.

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 07:29:19 am »

can you play an encoded mp3 on the PC ?
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

jjminch

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 08:21:25 am »

I'll plug in my ipod when i get back to the room tonight and check.

jjminch

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 11:53:35 am »

Plugged in Ipod, found a song that was originally flac and coverted to mp3 on the Ipod. 

It did not play, a MJ error msg popped up and said it encountered errors and could not play the file. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up