INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightweight DLNA renderer/run on Windows startup (without logged-in user)?  (Read 4398 times)

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!

I've been playing around with the DLNA support for the first time. So far it's working fine - for testing I've been using MC15 to playback to a WMP instance running on a Windows 7 PC. The problem is that I need to manually log in to the "renderer" machine and start WMP before I can playback to the machine from MC.

What I'd like to have is the following:
- "playback" PC should be available as a renderer all the time, without a user being logged in
- library management and local playback by MC should be possible from any machine on the network, including the "renderer" machine

So basically I'm looking for something that turns one of my PC's into a DMR which is availabe as soon as the machine is booted. In addition, the same machine should be able to run MC for library work (and playback). I've been searching the web for a few hours now but couldn't find a solution.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen

You can install PS3 Media Server as a windows service.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!

How exactly would that help me when I need a DMR (Digital Media Renderer)? The website of that PS3 thingy says "PS3 Media Server is a DLNA compliant Upnp Media Server for the PS3, written in Java, with the purpose of streaming or transcoding any kind of media files, with minimum configuration", so it seems to be what is known as a DMS in DLNA parlance.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird

Do you have a reason to not log in on startup?

I mean, could you just set a certain user to log in automatically on startup and also MC to run automatically? (MC is a renderer.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

tombert

• Galactic Citizen

How exactly would that help me when I need a DMR (Digital Media Renderer)? The website of that PS3 thingy says "PS3 Media Server is a DLNA compliant Upnp Media Server for the PS3, written in Java, with the purpose of streaming or transcoding any kind of media files, with minimum configuration", so it seems to be what is known as a DMS in DLNA parlance.
sorry - misunderstood your question ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up