INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Jukebox problem with NOT RESPONDING  (Read 1262 times)

JNKH

Media Jukebox problem with NOT RESPONDING
« on: June 17, 2002, 04:54:43 pm »

Hi MJ,

I'm resubmitting my request on the MJ problem I reported last week.  I'm enjoying MJ, but would like a annoying bug fixed to enjoy it fully.  I need some direction in troubeshooting it.

I've done more research on my Window popup problem- which is responding slowly. I've tested MJ on 2 machines- one on a HP Pavillion 8899 and a HP Omnibook 500.

This is what I discover:

In the Omnibook 500 (notebook), I notice that the Window pop-up for the DISPLAY-MENU is very fast. When I click on the ICON (Left hand bottom of the TRACK VIEW Menu Bar), the window pops up immediately, and in XP the task manager, you notice a new application has been spawned- MenuExDisplay Window. This window controls the DISPLAY-MENU which MJ pops up. Hence, all is well.

On my Desktop, I notice that when I click the same ICON, the Media Jukebox application in the XP task manager changes to NOT RESPONDING. After a few seconds, it returns to RESPONDING, and the menu pops up. But I do not see the MenuExDisplay subprocess in the XP Task Mgr.

Both machines behaves differently. The program works, but the program execution seems to differ in both instances. The result of the processing pattern in the notebook seems correct, while the execution on the desktop seems to be less efficient. It recovers from an error to spawn a subprocess (MenuExDisplay) and execution follows. But I can have MJ figure out how to avoid this so that I can enjoy fast response on my desktop.

I see a similar problem when I click on the CD/DVD/Handheld menu item in the TREE view.  On the notebook, the response is immediate.  On my desktop, MJ shows up NOT RESPONDING in the XP task window, and then it reads the CD correctly.  Also, I notice that on my desktop, it pops up "Analysing Drive" each time I click on the CD/DVD/Handheld menu item.

I may have some driver issues.  I hope that you can provide more details.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.293
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1301 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 654 MB, Free - 360 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)
Pages: [1]   Go Up