INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tidy up loose ends  (Read 757 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Tidy up loose ends
« on: October 31, 2010, 06:40:57 am »

There are a number of things that have been bugging me recently when trying to use MC. Perhaps when you come to the tidying up stage at the end of this version some of these things could be tackled.

Podcasts:
On the podcast homepage in MC there are some links to podcast directories. At least one of these links is dead, and the others are pretty bad. Isn't there one good non-itunes directory out there? Would be better to have one good one than all those lame ones.

In the options there is a place to set global rules for the tagging of podcasts. This needs to be implemented in a per-feed kind of way. I spend way too much time tagging stuff.

Theater View:
The file info panel doesnt work well with library server clients. I have set mine to show [name] and it never shows. I'm also not sure where I am supposed to be making these changes. Some options need to be changed on the server (views) and some on the individual machines (root view settings and maybe the file info panel settings), and some changes just get wiped out if you make them while in Library Server client mode. Personally I think that if views are set at the server level, then root views almost certainly ought to be too. So too with the file info panel.

Tiles view:
We need an "All" tile at the root of each library view, like theater view has. Currently there is no way to skip a whole level.

I'd still like to see a horizontal "roller" with all the categories in a view appearing as links. That way we could truly use tile view in a flexible non-linear way. After clicking on a link to start our filtering this list could change to breadcrumbs.

Library Server:
I understand that this has recieved the most work recently and is still actively being worked on, so the following things may already be on the list.

Make/ Edit library views from a client.
Ability to download and apply cover art to videos from a client.

Set whether a client should use cache files when available. I would choose to have my remote computer honor this setting so that it could get smaller cached raw previews and converted videos.

Performer Store:
I havent been able to purchase anything from the store for a couple of months now.
I'd also like for the "Favorites" to persist accross computers.
I'd also like to be able from a LS client and have it send the files to the server.
Pages: [1]   Go Up