INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: unintended tag propagation in stacks: e.g. replay gains  (Read 861 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
unintended tag propagation in stacks: e.g. replay gains
« on: November 06, 2010, 02:49:32 pm »

Problem:
I don't like the tag values are propagated to all stack members when the tags of the top member change in collapsed state.

Justifying example(s):
Hit Analyse on a collapsed stack. You get the same replay gain on all stack members. Suddenly you get a set of sounds with possibly different levels but the same replay gains. This completely messes up volume leveling (e.g. when you change top of the stack). In fact, that is how I noticed the problem. Replay gain is very easy to fix, other tags are not, they may get permanently overwritten.

I observed other tag leakage problem in other cases too, probably when I copy tags between library and tags.

Very Simple solution
I want the ability to turn off auto-propagation of tag values. I would make this just the default setting but others may have different preferences.

A better more complicated solution
Provide tools to propogate tags manually. I.e. you select a tag, you say propagate, the top values are copied (option 1) to empty fields. There are other posibilities here too, but I want to have control over this process.

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: unintended tag propagation in stacks: e.g. replay gains
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 03:56:29 pm »

tolga, i use stack's a lot, and your request i like, you do have to be careful when doing stacks, but it's the only solution in many cases..you do know that you can use modifier and limit database to all in a view ? (~d=a)
MT5FR
Pages: [1]   Go Up