INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Android device sync transfer times, download/upload?  (Read 960 times)

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Android device sync transfer times, download/upload?
« on: November 09, 2010, 07:34:09 am »

I was curious about the behavior of JRiver when syncing to my Sprint EVO phone. When I perform a sync and watch the details, I notice that JRiver starts three 'download' worker threads and one 'upload' thread. Is this behavior normal? What are the functions of these two threads, as I'm not sure what is being 'downloaded' upstream back to my pc.

I'd also like to know what sort of transfer times I should be expecting when syncing to an Android device. I'm currently syncing about 7GB to my phone, and it takes approximately an hour to preform the transfer. This seems slow to me on a USB 2.0 system.

One last item. When syncing JRiver will display up to 50% complete then stop increasing the bar. At the point the sync time remaining stops decreasing and actually starts increasing. Files are still being transferred and the sync finishes ok, but I found this odd and was wondering if other Android users had the same experience.

Thanks for any help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up