INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add Media Jukebox to the cash register software that I am developing  (Read 1299 times)

ClemensLinders

LS,

I am developing a cash register program especially for retail shops. As some shops like to turn a little background music on I thought it might be a good idea to combine my software with your Media Jukebox player.

The software will be in Dutch.

Your software can be downloaded free by people and as far as I know you have no restriction that it is only use for personal use and not for commercial use??

The way I would like to integrate it with my software is simply that you press a button "music" and than your software starts. There will be a button projected on top of your software to return to my program. In this way a shop keeper can play background music for his store and he can switch between your program and mine.

I am not Bill Gates nor is my company as big as Microsoft. On every department you can think of you will find one person..........ME!!

I do not expect to sell thousands of copies. Perhaps the first year I will only be able to sell a dozen copies or so. The price will be around 99 euro's, so it is not a real money maker and so a personalised version of your software will be out of the question.

But even if I only will sell a few copies I will only do things legally. And so I need your permission to include your software. If for some reason you will not allow me to include your setup file (what I would prefer) and not even a link to your downloas page, than I will have to look further.

I assume that if I include a link to the download page of your website during the installation of my program that this would be no problem?? However this is not what I prefere.

If I put my installation on a CD and sell that to a reseller, than there could be all kinds of problems. After a while you might have version 15 instead of 14 and just because of that the link may have changed. But there are numerous other reasons why the link might change. And that could give all kinds of problems during the installation of my software. The fact that your setup needs an internet connection is not a problem, in order to register my software an internet connection is mandatory (in the Netherlands almost all companies and households have a adsl connection).

What I would prefere is that I might be allowed to include a complete copy of your installation file with my software. If you want I can (during the installation of my software) show a complete page about JRiver Media (even tell them about your Media Center version). If you want some other specific text displayed, that would all be fine by me. I could even gice you a complete set of my program so that you could verify all this.
I understand that the downside may be that you might start distributing version 15 and that I still supply version 14 (on ready made CD's). I don't care, but I understand you might find this a problem. However I hope we can somehow overcome this problem (people can ofcourse always update).

Kind regards,

Clemens Linders
Pages: [1]   Go Up