INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-import to auto tag files based on file name ( for netflix instant watch)  (Read 1300 times)

gigglez

• Recent member

I use this program for all our Digital Media, We have a huge library of movies, TV, and documentaries.  I wrote a perl script a while back to import all the titles of the real physical dvd's and imported that list into Media Center. I have been playing with the Netflix API, and think i found a way to run it to create a list of titles with all pertinent information such as Genre type of title E.G. Movie,documentary,TV show.  So i can auto create files on my computer that will automatically be imported into Media center. The one problem i am running into is auto tagging. I can use the 'fill properties from Filename' feature and run it on files everyday (Netflix updates there watch instantly content a lot) to tag the new files that have been created, it would be a lot nicer to have media center automatically run this for me.

I think this would be a really neat feature because then i would have a list of all the watch Netflix content right in line with my digital content. I was going to create hyperlinks inside the file so that if you click the file to play it you can then just click the hyperlink and it would start playing it in Netflix.

Here is a screen shot of the top of my video section:

In the Location section i would make another label called Netflix, so you could select On Computer and Netflix at the same time.
Real dvd, and Copy DVD are the names of dvd cases I have from before I started Ripping my Movies.

gigglez

• Recent member

Does anyone know if i can do this? Or is my question unclear?

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe

the only way to autotag today for "everyone" is autotagger by confishy http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51193.0, it's super...if you want to digg further you probably want to check out pros's fantastic plugin sqltunes http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56405.0
MT5FR
Pages: [1]   Go Up