INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why don't Recent Playing Nows sync back to the server?  (Read 1409 times)

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
Why don't Recent Playing Nows sync back to the server?
« on: November 16, 2010, 10:44:42 am »

Er, pretty self-explanatory. :) Thoughts?

Thanks --
Micah

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Why don't Recent Playing Nows sync back to the server?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 11:11:02 am »

This is by design.

Recent Playing Now's are considered client-specific, temporary, and not worth syncing.  There are also efficiency implications since the Recent Playing Nows change much more often than any other playlist.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:14:16 am »

Recent Playing Now's are considered client-specific, temporary, and not worth syncing.  There are also efficiency implications since the Recent Playing Nows change much more often than any other playlist.

Gotcha, that's pretty much what I figured (the client-specificity angle). I was thinking of it because I just spent 15 minutes setting up a good playlist for work today, then our network blipped and I lost my connection, losing my playlist. :( Would it be worth considering figuring out a way to keep the most recent Playing Now for a client available in case of those kinds of situations?

Thanks for the info...
Micah

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 11:20:03 am »

then our network blipped and I lost my connection

In the future we hope to improve client behavior when a server becomes unavailable.  Currently a client can react less than gracefully.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

laerm

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 11:23:07 am »

In the future we hope to improve client behavior when a server becomes unavailable.  Currently a client can react less than gracefully.

Cool! So far, Media Network is quite impressive and robust. While I have you here, the only other thing I think it's missing is an ability to store some presets/favorites for servers (i.e. for when I'm on my home network and for when I'm connecting at work to home). Definitely solid all around, though.

Thanks --
Micah
Pages: [1]   Go Up