INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 7 crash!  (Read 1002 times)

SteveR

• Junior Woodchuck
Windows 7 crash!
« on: November 17, 2010, 10:07:10 am »

I had a fatal error when running MC15, causing W7 to shut it down. On re-starting it advised opening without 3rd party plug ins etc, which I did. Also backed up the library to be safe, but now some of the functionality has gone - I have installed a new skin, though not as good as the default, but cannot find the web link plug ins - particularly Google Images as this is invaluable when quickly searching for cover artwork... Help!

SteveR

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Windows 7 crash!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 10:19:04 am »

Okaaay, it's sorted itself out....and I didn't do anything, is there nothing this software won't do?

mdx1

• World Citizen
Re: Windows 7 crash!
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 01:08:29 pm »

Okaaay, it's sorted itself out....and I didn't do anything, is there nothing this software won't do?

Being a software engineer myself, I can say things happen.  Software works a bit like the audiophile SQ.  Some is measurable and some not.

I was using the MC 15 to rip a track off a slightly damaged CD which dbPoweramp was having trouble ripping also.  Next thing I know my Vista x64 machine showed a BSOD (blue screen of death - the one in text mode with memory dump counting up).  I decide to let MC rip that troublesome track on my laptop (Windows 7 x64) instead.  It worked perfectly.  Sometimes, the software also needs a bit of "snake oil" to get it going...:)
Nelson
Pages: [1]   Go Up