INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with built in browser and mixed languages  (Read 768 times)

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
Issue with built in browser and mixed languages
« on: November 17, 2010, 04:09:16 pm »

Hi, I really like to use the quick links inside MC15 to hit IMDB.com when watching a movie to check out actors, reviews, trivia and goofs.

Unfortunately, when I do this, even though the actual website is displaying in my native english, all the movie titles are displaying in their french versions (eg: Jaws shows as 'Dents de la Mer').

It seems that the browser implementation inside MC is checking which country I live in (which is France currently) and displaying all movie titles in that language - which ends up being a mix of english and french in the displayed page. Problem is that even if I set my current location as Canada (english), it doesn't seem to make a difference. I wonder, is it checking the IP address/DNS servers to obtain country info?

I noticed that the built in MC browser isn't saving my login information fields, and I'm wondering if this could be one of the reasons for the problem mentioned above...

This leads me to a couple of questions to the MC Dev team:

1. Do you guys plan to save logins/passwords in the MC built-in browser in a future version?
2. Wouldy you consider going a step further and allowing the user to choose which of their installed browser engines could be used inside of MC? (I currently use and love Google Chrome browser, which saves all my login/pw's, and other nice touches).

At the very least I'd really like to get the problem of french movie titles resolved as it totally ruins the experience and I have to exit MC and use my regular browser.

Info on my Win7 region settings:

Format: English (US)
Location: France (also tested changing this to Canada - but no change)
Keyboards: English (US)
Timezone: GMT +1 (Paris CET)

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!

Kwake
Pages: [1]   Go Up