INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upsampling not working properly?? Update My fault and I feel stupid. Thanks  (Read 2471 times)

mobayrasta

• Recent member

When I turn on upsampling to 24bit 96 hrz I am only upsampling to 48000. If I play a 24bit 96k flac file it still only upsamples to 48k. If I turn off all upsampling and don't check the output format box I get true 96k playback. I am checking the sample rates with a free plugin called Bitter. I am also using output format to out put every thing to 5.1. Is that my problem? I want to be able to upsample and make stereo 5.1 ( J River has the best stereo to surround sound I think I have heard) but still be able to output 96hrz or 192 hrz depending on what sound card I am using (PCI soundcard does 24/96 and on board sound will do 24/192) Please help, It has been driving me mad!

Respect
MoBay

PS Media Center 15 is the best buy I have had in a long time. I REALLY love this program!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Upsampling not working properly??
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 09:28:02 am »

First, welcome to Interact.  Thanks for the purchase.

As for the question, you might double-check your audio output mode:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

I'm wondering if you're using DirectSound, and when we deliver 96 KHz to DirectSound, Windows (or the hardware driver) resamples it to 48 KHz.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mobayrasta

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 05:43:43 pm »

Thanks for the welcome, and for trying to help me. I am using SPDIF out of my Xfi Xtreme Audio (24bit 96hrz), to a Pioneer Elite Receiver. My output mode in Media Center is WASAPI , and have set it to have exclusive access. . I am pretty computer savy so I am pretty sure it is set up correctly. I Actually used the set up guide on computeraudiophile.com . Like I said if I have Output Format turned off everything samples correctly. I have tried ASIO but it will not work all I get is static and bits of music. Any more advice?

Also, any reason why my ASIO will not work properly?

mobayrasta

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 05:55:10 pm »

Well if I would have read the FAC you sent me all the way to the bottom...... I would have seen this.

"Notes

The only way to prevent a Creative Labs X-Fi based card or Asus Xonar card from resampling all incoming audio is to use ASIO and the driver that came with the card. With these cards, WASAPI exclusive will not change the master clock of the card."

So , next question ASIO??? I cant get it to work . I have checked everything I can.

pcstockton

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 07:50:02 pm »

How about simply turning off upsampling?
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 08:04:12 pm »

I have tried ASIO but it will not work all I get is static and bits of music.

You might download the latest driver from Creative and install it.

I've never had ASIO work but play static.

mobayrasta

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 08:40:44 pm »

I still don't have ASIO working yet.....But I have figured out the Output Format . If I have the channels set to 5.1 and JRSS V.2.0, and convert to Dolby Digital selected to make everything surround...... (I know not the audiophile way of doing things, but speakers are expensive and I want to use all of them ;-) ) it re-samples everything to 48000. If I turn off the surround it re-samples everything to the selected levels.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 09:02:25 pm »

I still don't have ASIO working yet.....But I have figured out the Output Format . If I have the channels set to 5.1 and JRSS V.2.0, and convert to Dolby Digital selected to make everything surround...... (I know not the audiophile way of doing things, but speakers are expensive and I want to use all of them ;-) ) it re-samples everything to 48000. If I turn off the surround it re-samples everything to the selected levels.

Dolby Digital bitstreams are always 48 KHz.  That's normal.

I believe the audio _inside_ the bitstream, once decoded, can be different sample rates.

As an aside, you might consider analog connections if you want to avoid needing to encode the surround sound as Dolby Digital.  You need a receiver with multi-channel analog input for that to work.

mobayrasta

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 09:10:37 pm »

Dolby Digital bitstreams are always 48 KHz.  That's normal.

And......This is where I feel very stupid. Thanks for the answer.

MrHaugen

We've all been there at some point Mobayrasta. Welcome to the club :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up