INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Converting files  (Read 858 times)

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Converting files
« on: November 23, 2010, 03:09:38 pm »

Hi guys,

Just a wee quickie. When converting files we have 3 options, 1) Replace original file on disk and in library 2) Leave original file; add destination file to library and 3) Leave original file; do not add destination file to library.

Would it be possible to have a Leave original file; replace destination file in library.

I have many Flac files as masters that I keep on my NAS and hardly ever use. I import them into my library and then convert to my target format currently with the leave original file; add destination to library but I then end up with 2 versions in my library and I have to manually delete the original from my library. If I use the replace option currently it deletes it off my NAS.

If this can be done then great, if not is there a workaround.

Cheers,

John

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Converting files
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 04:59:24 pm »

If I understand you correctly you have
-NAS with audio files
-PC with library (call it Default) and audio files on the PC in “target format”

What you can do is making a second library pointing to the NAS only (call it NAS).
Select tracks you want to convert and point them to a dir on your PC inside the monitored folders of “Default”.

Leave the original and don’t add them to your library (this is the NAS library!)
Now if you switch to the library on your PC (Default), auto import will detect the new files and add them to your "Default"  library

WeeHappyPixie

• Galactic Citizen
  • Gonnae no dae that..
Re: Converting files
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 08:25:58 am »

If I understand you correctly you have
-NAS with audio files
-PC with library (call it Default) and audio files on the PC in “target format”

What you can do is making a second library pointing to the NAS only (call it NAS).
Select tracks you want to convert and point them to a dir on your PC inside the monitored folders of “Default”.

Leave the original and don’t add them to your library (this is the NAS library!)
Now if you switch to the library on your PC (Default), auto import will detect the new files and add them to your "Default"  library

Thanks.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up