INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Full Refresh of Tags possible?  (Read 1194 times)

wicketr

Full Refresh of Tags possible?
« on: November 28, 2010, 07:54:58 pm »

I've updated my MP3 tags in Mp3Tag, however the tags aren't updating in MJ14. I've tried selecting them all and doing an "Update Library from tags" and that doesn't seem to work either. I've also tried deleting them from the library and then readding them, the tag info is apparently cached and can't be forced to refresh.

I think it's because I have Mp3Tag set to keep the last modified date, so MJ14 skips them instead of forcing an update. I'd like to keep it that way because i like to sort the music in Windows Explorer by date downloaded as well.

Is there a way to force an update or clear the database that MJ14 caches them in? Is there a file in the directory that i can delete and it will recreate it?

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Full Refresh of Tags possible?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 02:42:55 pm »

"Update library from tags" is the way to force MJ to update the library based on tag changes done by an external program.

I just gave it a try: I changed the tag information of an imported file with windows explorer, went to MJ and told MJ to "update library from tags". It did. No need to reimport.

Are you ABSOLUTLY sure that the tags ARE updated? For me MJ even updates the library if the file creation & modification date stays the same.
Pages: [1]   Go Up