INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View Expressions Help  (Read 3574 times)

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
Theatre View Expressions Help
« on: December 02, 2010, 10:41:05 am »

I'm trying to only display my home movies in theatre view undere a particular item in video call "Home Movies".  I do have all my home movies in a particular folder so right now in options for this item I have file path then sort by name.  This does well as it shows the folders properly but then all my other videos show up in unassigned.  So to combat that I was going to add an expresssion to limit what is shown by genre as all my home movies are tagged Home Movies under genre.  The only way I can see to do that is by expression where [genre]=home movies.

However as I have it typed it doesn't work.

Any ideas as to 1) the expression that I would right or 2) an alternative method to only show home movies under this particularly item.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theatre View Expressions Help
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 03:17:17 am »

[genre]="home movies"

g="home movies" will also work and is quicker to type

Wrapped in quotes, the search is substring, meaning that if the genre were my home movies, this file would still be shown.

[genre]=[home movies] performs an exact match search (not case sensitive).

-marko

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 11:38:58 am »

Thanks....I will try this when I get home.

jroyale

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 11:01:09 pm »

So it worked to a certain extent.  It still shows the unassigned group but there are no movies in it...the expression didn't work that well so I used my search and said gener is home movies.  So there are no movies in the unassigned category but the category still exists.
Pages: [1]   Go Up