INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: move or copy  (Read 830 times)

zevele1

move or copy
« on: June 15, 2002, 02:07:27 am »

I have songs on different folders and different drives

I want to move all the songs from Giant Sand in a new folder 'Giant Sand' on drive D
After tags,art cover and so on ,i want to move all the songs to drive E in a new folder 'Giant Sand'

I have to copy or to move the songs?

And what it the difference ?

I do not want to keep the songs at they old place,just to have them in a new place

The raison i want to do it in 2 steeps 1-all in folder on drive D -2-songs with tags,cover in folder on drive E is that i want to put "final-finished" songs on E
I do not feel like to run defrag very often on a 160 GB drive

SHDBCAMPING

RE:move or copy
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2002, 03:20:36 am »

After you get done with what you are doing with the files on drive d:, choose the files by highlighting those that are to be moved. then right click on any one of them, this will drop a dialogue box. left click the move/copy option. find the folder that you want to put the songs in with the browse box that comes up. click on it to choose. left click the move button. this will take the songs from the d: drive and put them into the folder you just chose.
If you copy you will still have the songs on your d: drive also.

hope this helps.

remember to create the folder on drive e: first so that it will be an available folder for the above steps

SHDBCAMPING

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2002, 03:21:18 am »

After you get done with what you are doing with the files on drive d:, choose the files by highlighting those that are to be moved. then right click on any one of them, this will drop a dialogue box. left click the move/copy option. find the folder that you want to put the songs in with the browse box that comes up. click on it to choose. left click the move button. this will take the songs from the d: drive and put them into the folder you just chose.
If you copy you will still have the songs on your d: drive also.

hope this helps.

remember to create the folder on drive e: first so that it will be an available folder for the above steps

zevele1

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2002, 03:27:04 am »

Thank you
So
copy=songs on both places-the old and new one

Move=songs only in the new place,not anymore in the old

I think i get it
Pages: [1]   Go Up