INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugin which adds play count column and pulls data from last.fm  (Read 3918 times)

bitterlogic

• Recent member
Plugin which adds play count column and pulls data from last.fm
« on: December 05, 2010, 08:27:17 pm »

I am interested in writing a plugin which adds a new column to the interface for play counts from last.fm. When you click on an artist, it will then access the users last.fm account and populate play counts for that artist / tracks. What is the best way of doing this?

IMGrant

• Recent member
Re: Plugin which adds play count column and pulls data from last.fm
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 08:00:47 am »

Replying to an old thread if anyone else searches: I created a script that does this, discussed here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=73169.msg591429#msg591429

(Also: http://github.com/imgrant/Last.fm2JRiver)

InsaneRC

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 01:17:33 pm »

Would love to have my Last FM stats but I'm no programmer and don't understand what to do.
Licensed User:
JRiver Media Center 12-->27

IMGrant

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 01:43:04 pm »

You need to install the scripting plugin for JRiver, then create a C# script and paste the contents of this script into it. Change the username and run the script. I've found it doesn't always work reliably when fetching many tracks at once.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 03:24:31 pm »

I can probably whip up a pscriptor scriplet for this pretty quickly.  Read about it and see if you're interested in going this route.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

IMGrant

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 03:47:09 pm »

I can probably whip up a pscriptor scriplet for this pretty quickly.  Read about it and see if you're interested in going this route.

What's the diff vs the scripting plugin in JRiver?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 03:58:53 pm »

The scripting plugin is something you have to add into MC (as an add-on).  And the script would then have to be written in the language supported by the scripting plugin.  And it will only work on MC for Windows (but that might not matter to you).

pscriptor is a command line tool that works on all the platforms, and the scriptlets that are written are pretty simple for the most part.

The difference is that pscriptor must be run manuallly by you, when you want something to happen.  The scripting plugin can use various notifications that MC supports to take actions when something happens (I haven't spent much time with the MC plug-in interface), so the user experience is probably more integrated.

You should use whatever method works for you, and that you feel most conformable with.  I wrote pscriptor to do things that weren't easily possible, in a cross-platform way, but that means it requires some command line usage.

I'm all about Getting Things Done, and most folks are that way, but some add the amendment "... But Only If It Looks Pretty".
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up