INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I capture live radio?  (Read 1330 times)

Bruce

• Recent member
  • xxconsultantmusic
Can I capture live radio?
« on: June 14, 2002, 09:03:59 pm »

Is it possible to capture, in WAV, MP3 or anything else, a web-radio station aas I listen to it?

This is really two questions: 1) is it possible (even in theory)?
2) can MJ8 do it?
Bruce

Bruce

• Recent member
  • xxconsultantmusic
RE:Can I capture live radio?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2002, 09:38:12 pm »

I know, I know - RTFM.  I did and found my own answer.  No need to reply to my question.
Bruce

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2002, 03:54:01 pm »

Well Bruce, Share it, I never knew and never thaught about trying to find out. I dont listen to radio much except I like to listen to the net radio from germany, so how can I do it?
Robert Long

hickok

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2002, 10:26:50 pm »

Here is the final solution to recording anything you want that comes from the internet. Go to http://www.xaudiotools.com and check out the "Advanced MP3WMA Recorder" this little program will monitor and record directly from the digital output of any sound card any streaming  radio, music or other audio file from the internet or any sound source including your CD. You have a choice of compression methods including the Windows 8 Media encoder. The program is easy to use and has a slick interface. It is shareware and you can try it our before you buy it. I checked all over the web and this program is the best solution.
TED

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2002, 08:41:44 am »

Thanks Ted, I will do that.
Robert Long

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2002, 10:01:28 am »

Robert,

You can also do it within MJ.  In his second post, Robert wrote:   "I know, I know - RTFM. I did and found my own answer. No need to reply to my question.".  RFTM is one of those internet acronyms. It means Read the ... manual. Next Page

So... it's in the help file somewhere.  I think under How to...Record.  There is probably a section there on how to record radio.  I know it's somewhere, because when I asked the same question a while back, someone gave me really good instructions, and that's what I stuck in the help file!
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

DeathRider

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2002, 11:40:41 am »

Thanks, I will take advantage of some rare down time and go through the help file now.

Lise? I was browsing the radio listing in MJ, there are stations that require RealPlayer, does or is MJ supporting this in the part of MJ, I dont have nor will I ever put RealCrap back on my syst but was wondering if there is a work around for this. Thanks.
Robert Long

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2002, 08:53:27 am »

Hi Robert,

There are 2 fairly recent threads on Real here (search for past 3 or 4 days).  To listen to Real files, you need Real on your system.  MJ doesn't play them natively.  I'm in the same boat as you.  I don't want Real on my system either, however, in one of those threads, someone posted a link to Real archives, and I may go ahead and install an older version--I'm assuming they don't include spyware?

You can also do what many of my friends are doing: email those radio stations and tell them you will never ever listen to them as long as they only offer Real format files.  Ask them to at least include Windows Media.  Long shot, and why should they care, but if they get a number of e-mails, they might consider it.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up