INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost Playlists & Play stats  (Read 774 times)

lh1473

• Recent member
Lost Playlists & Play stats
« on: December 10, 2010, 01:38:00 pm »

Hi,

The other night, MC 15 (build 159) crashed on me and crashed my whole computer.  I'm not sure why- it was the only program running at the time, and it was just playing music.  Anyway, when I booted back up and started MC 15 I had to re-import all of my music files, and worse, all of my playlists, play stats (last played & number of plays etc), and custom library fields were gone.  All of my other previous settings were still intact. 

Is there any way to recover my playlists & play stats?

Any idea what happened? Thanks.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lost Playlists & Play stats
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 02:11:15 pm »

Restore from a Library Backup.  Go to File -> Library -> Restore Library.  MC makes backups by default, so there should be one in there that isn't that old.

MC is very unlikely to crash your entire computer, unless there are other problems going on.  I'm not even sure what you meant by "crash"... Did you get a bluescreen error?  If so, which one?  If you didn't, what do you mean by "crashed the whole computer"?

My guess?  Drivers or failing hard drive.  Though it could certainly be that it encountered a REALLY bad media file or something.  It could, of course, have been one of the other 100s of applications running on your system.  All that stuff down in the task tray, and all EXEs on the processes tab of the Task Manager are all "running" programs on your computer.  It is not possible to have a modern PC booted up without having literally hundreds of different pieces of software running simultaneously.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up